    And having once turned round walks on, And turns no more his head,
    Because he knows some frightful fiend Doth close behind him tread.
    -Samuel Taylor Coleridge 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner', 1797

    Aardvark, Dec 17, 2009

  2. Aardvark

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:
    > I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the airport
    > at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
    >
    > As international phone calls, complete with being forced to stay on hold
    > complete with crappy musak, would probably end up being pretty expensive,
    > can anyone provide me with some way to email them?
    >
    > There's a story behind this request which I can tell if anyone's
    > interested, but for the moment this question'll do. :)

    Try Homeland Security.
    http://www.dhs.gov/index.shtm

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Dec 17, 2009

  3. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:43:46 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:
    >> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the
    >> airport at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
    >>
    >> As international phone calls, complete with being forced to stay on
    >> hold complete with crappy musak, would probably end up being pretty
    >> expensive, can anyone provide me with some way to email them?
    >>
    >> There's a story behind this request which I can tell if anyone's
    >> interested, but for the moment this question'll do. :)
    >>

    > Try Homeland Security.
    > http://www.dhs.gov/index.shtm

    I'm not really sure that they can help with my query. Can you tell me why
    you suggested DHS?

    --
    Like one that on a lonesome road Doth walk in fear and dread,

    Aardvark, Dec 17, 2009
  4. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:42:42 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > On 17/12/2009 16:31, Aardvark wrote:
    >> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the
    >> airport at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
    >>
    >> As international phone calls, complete with being forced to stay on
    >> hold complete with crappy musak, would probably end up being pretty
    >> expensive, can anyone provide me with some way to email them?
    >>
    >> There's a story behind this request which I can tell if anyone's
    >> interested, but for the moment this question'll do. :)
    >>

    > Hi :)
    >
    > Go here and fill in the form - ask for the US Customs address! Thimples!
    >
    > http://www.mscaa.com/?q=about/contact

    Hmmmm. Might be worth a try.

    > An aside:
    >
    > Go here and register for cheap phone calls:
    > http://www.call18866.com/index2.php
    >
    > It was once promoted on Radio 2 - I used it all the time my son was in
    > the USA (in fact, still *do* use it for most calls!)
    >
    > Calls to USA cost 2p/min last time I looked!

    Not really worth registering for a one-off international call, although
    the rate looks damn' good. As for UK mainland landline calls, we pay £8/
    month on our bill so that we get them all for free 24/7/365 as long as the
    call lasts less than an hour: call a friend, hang up at 59 minutes, call
    friend again, hang up at 59 minutes, call friend again, etc. SWMBO spends
    hours at a time on the dog and bone every evening, so it's a real boon to
    her. Calls to mobiles we use one of the multiple mobile phones in the
    house.

    > HTH

    Well, half of it *might* :)

    Aardvark, Dec 17, 2009
  5. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:19:52 -0800, Jordon wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:43:46 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:

    >>> Try Homeland Security.
    >>> http://www.dhs.gov/index.shtm

    >> I'm not really sure that they can help with my query. Can you tell me
    >> why you suggested DHS?

    > Customs & Border Protection is part of DHS.

    The DHS home page has a link to the CBP home page (which I'd already
    seen). There is, from there, a link to the CBP field office in New Orleans
    with postal address and phone numbers, and from there a link to the
    Memphis Service Port containing guess what- postal address and phone
    numbers.

    Nowhere is there any sign of an email addy to contact them direct. Don't
    your government departments use computers for correspondence or something?

    Aardvark, Dec 17, 2009
  6. Aardvark

    meerkat Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the airport
    > at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.

    Perhaps this is where you need to head to A.
    mailto:http://www.mscaa.com/contactus.htm

    bw..meerkat

    meerkat, Dec 17, 2009
  7. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:59:28 +0000, meerkat wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the
    >> airport at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
    >>

    > Perhaps this is where you need to head to A.
    > mailto:http://www.mscaa.com/contactus.htm
    >
    > bw..meerkat

    Cheers, mate. That was posted before but it's looking more and more like
    the only option the more I search.

    Aardvark, Dec 17, 2009
  8. Aardvark

    meerkat Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:59:28 +0000, meerkat wrote:
    >

    >> "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the
    >>> airport at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
    >>>

    >> Perhaps this is where you need to head to A.
    >> mailto:http://www.mscaa.com/contactus.htm
    >>
    >> bw..meerkat

    > Cheers, mate. That was posted before but it's looking more and more like
    > the only option the more I search.

    Glad to try to help.

    meerkat, Dec 17, 2009
  9. Aardvark

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:38:20 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

    > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:19:52 -0800, Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> I'm not really sure that they can help with my query. Can you tell me
    >>> why you suggested DHS?

    >> Customs & Border Protection is part of DHS.

    > The DHS home page has a link to the CBP home page (which I'd already
    > seen). There is, from there, a link to the CBP field office in New Orleans
    > with postal address and phone numbers, and from there a link to the
    > Memphis Service Port containing guess what- postal address and phone
    > numbers.
    >
    > Nowhere is there any sign of an email addy to contact them direct. Don't
    > your government departments use computers for correspondence or something?

    And they would probably get a few zillion emails.
    You might be better off looking up the "ICE" office for memphis.
    "Immigrations, Customs Enforcement".

    richard, Dec 17, 2009
  10. Aardvark

    Jordon Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:19:52 -0800, Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> I'm not really sure that they can help with my query. Can you tell me
    >>> why you suggested DHS?

    >> Customs& Border Protection is part of DHS.

    > The DHS home page has a link to the CBP home page (which I'd already
    > seen). There is, from there, a link to the CBP field office in New Orleans
    > with postal address and phone numbers, and from there a link to the
    > Memphis Service Port containing guess what- postal address and phone
    > numbers.
    >
    > Nowhere is there any sign of an email addy to contact them direct. Don't
    > your government departments use computers for correspondence or something?

    Many government agencies don't publish email addresses.
    I'm assuming it's because they'd be inundated with email
    and wouldn't get any work done. One reason I've heard,
    from a local government office, was because it's policy
    that no sensitive information is transferred to anyone
    outside of the office.

    You don't have to sit on hold if you send a fax.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Dec 17, 2009
  11. Aardvark

    Jordon Guest

    http://www.azworldairports.com/airports/a2740mem.cfm

    Jordon, Dec 17, 2009
  12. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:10:23 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:38:20 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Customs & Border Protection is part of DHS.

    >> The DHS home page has a link to the CBP home page (which I'd already
    >> seen). There is, from there, a link to the CBP field office in New
    >> Orleans with postal address and phone numbers, and from there a link to
    >> the Memphis Service Port containing guess what- postal address and
    >> phone numbers.
    >>
    >> Nowhere is there any sign of an email addy to contact them direct.
    >> Don't your government departments use computers for correspondence or
    >> something?

    > And they would probably get a few zillion emails. You might be better
    > off looking up the "ICE" office for memphis. "Immigrations, Customs
    > Enforcement".

    I have a feeling that organisation doesn't deal with queries of the sort I
    have.

    Aardvark, Dec 17, 2009
  13. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:37:25 -0800, Jordon wrote:

    > Many government agencies don't publish email addresses. I'm assuming
    > it's because they'd be inundated with email and wouldn't get any work
    > done. One reason I've heard, from a local government office, was because
    > it's policy that no sensitive information is transferred to anyone
    > outside of the office.
    >
    > You don't have to sit on hold if you send a fax.

    I was actually thinking of that.

    Aardvark, Dec 17, 2009
  14. Aardvark

    lugnut Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:19:52 -0800, Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> I'm not really sure that they can help with my query. Can you tell me
    >>> why you suggested DHS?

    >> Customs & Border Protection is part of DHS.

    >The DHS home page has a link to the CBP home page (which I'd already
    >seen). There is, from there, a link to the CBP field office in New Orleans
    >with postal address and phone numbers, and from there a link to the
    >Memphis Service Port containing guess what- postal address and phone
    >numbers.
    >
    >Nowhere is there any sign of an email addy to contact them direct. Don't
    >your government departments use computers for correspondence or something?

    That would not help the effort to keep the USPS in business.

    Lugnut

    lugnut, Dec 18, 2009
  15. Aardvark

    NotMe Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the airport
    > at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
    >
    > As international phone calls, complete with being forced to stay on hold
    > complete with crappy musak, would probably end up being pretty expensive,
    > can anyone provide me with some way to email them?
    >
    > There's a story behind this request which I can tell if anyone's
    > interested, but for the moment this question'll do. :)

    On the assumption you're in the USA. Call the local office of your congress
    critter. Ask to speak to the constituent liaison person.

    If you ask politely they can do wonders in getting the attention and
    response from government agencies.

    If you're not in the USA have the recipient call their congress critter.

    NotMe, Dec 18, 2009