    being so hard for them to understand me, and me them. What about Compaq,
    HP, Gateway, or Apple? (are those the only computer makers?) Do any of
    them have US based support staff?

    ChristyLynn, Dec 15, 2006

  2. ChristyLynn

    ChristyLynn Guest

    guess the answer is no! bummer!

    ChristyLynn, Dec 16, 2006

  3. ChristyLynn

    JANA Guest

    Most all of the manufactures are working their support off-shore in the Far
    East, or other remote places where it is cheaper for them to operate.

    I recently called for some support on a router, and I was talking to a
    support tech in India. The person who I spoke to was very knowledgeable.
    Because of their accent, I had to listen carefully to understand what was
    being said.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "ChristyLynn" <> wrote in message
    Are there ANY computer manufacturers who have US based computer support
    people? I'm so sick of Dell and getting no where with their support and it

    JANA, Dec 16, 2006
  4. ChristyLynn

    Grappletech Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in

    > Most all of the manufactures are working their support off-shore in
    > the Far East, or other remote places where it is cheaper for them to
    > operate.
    >
    > I recently called for some support on a router, and I was talking to a
    > support tech in India. The person who I spoke to was very
    > knowledgeable. Because of their accent, I had to listen carefully to
    > understand what was being said.

    I had a problem with the credit card terminal where I work. I called the
    800 tech support line. Dude who answered was in India. Also, Customer
    service for a personal credit card I used to have was in India, so I
    switched to a different company. These co's that outsource ought to
    realize the potential long term economic negatives that all this
    outsourcing will create -- helping to erode the middle class in America
    (their customer base), pissed off Americans or Europeans seeking co's
    that do business withing their borders, etc.. Instead these co's just
    worry about short term profit boosts. And these savings aren't passed
    onto customers; the savings become increased profit for the co..

    Grappletech, Dec 16, 2006