URLs not clickable

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Nov 14, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi, after I have tried to install Moziallafs Thunderbird, URLs within these
    programs were not clickable. I went back to Internet Explorer and OE and
    noticed that I couldnft achieve this task anymore either. Right now I have
    to copy the URL and open it in Internet Explorer. How can I get rid of this
    problem?

    Something that might have to do with it:
    I uninstalled Thunderbird and even deleted a couple of the remaining files
    related to Thunderbird that were not deleted during the uninstall process.
    When I tried to reinstall Thunderbird, my old Thunderbird file folders showed
    up again (including 1000 messages in the Deleted Items folder). The Windows
    XP search function wonft tell me where these undesired files of the deleted
    program resided.
    Has anybody got a good idea how to solve this problem? I hate to redo the
    entire C drive of an otherwise perfectly working system.

    Guest, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Click Start, Run. In the run box, type "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" without the
    quotes

    and press Enter. Then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools, Internet
    Options,

    "Programs" tab, and click on "Reset Web Settings...", click "Apply", "OK"

    Click Tools, Internet Options or Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet

    Options, under Tempory Internet Files, click "Delete Files", check "delete
    all

    offline content", click "OK", "OK", Reboot Windows to refresh the OS.

    Now try it again. If it still fails to work, then look here:

    OLEXP: Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in Outlook Express

    OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser

    You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
    Click

    a Link

    OLEXP: Outlook Express Is Slow to Open Mail Messages and Links to Web Pages

    Section on "OUTLOOK: Hyperlinks - Shortcut" (About 2/3 way down the page).

    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/eroutlok.htm#OELINKS

    How to get HTTP hyperlinks in OE to open IE when you click them:

    http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx

    Nothing happens when you click a link

    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default.

    When you add a link to a Web page in an Outlook Express message and then
    click

    the link, nothing may happen.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176581

    John C Williams, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Guest

    Jim Berwick Guest

    <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in news:4197da97$1_1@127.0.0.1:

    > Something that might have to do with it:

    Nothing at all to do with it. Thunderbird doesn't store your mail in the
    same folder as the application (because doing that would be retarded). If
    you want to delete your thunderbird profile, you can find it by going here:
    %appdata%\thunderbird

    Jim Berwick, Nov 15, 2004
  4. Guest

    dadiOH Guest

    rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501 wrote:
    > Hi, after I have tried to install Moziallafs Thunderbird, URLs
    > within these programs were not clickable. I went back to Internet
    > Explorer and OE and
    > noticed that I couldnft achieve this task anymore either. Right
    > now I have
    > to copy the URL and open it in Internet Explorer. How can I get rid
    > of this problem?

    Open Windows Explorer
    From the View menu, select Folder Options then File Types.
    Check the values for URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol
    Click Edit then open then Edit again.
    The values should read:

    Application:
    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
    (Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct)

    DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

    First Box:
    "%1",,-1,0,,,,

    Second Box:
    IExplore