    I looked in Edit/preferences but could not find anything
    to select Firefox.

    Thanks!
    john, Sep 9, 2005

  2. john uitte de volgende tekst op 9/09/2005 21:02:
    > I'm running Mandrake/KDE. With the new Thunderbird 1.0.5
    > I got from Mozilla, if I click on a URL in Thunderbird
    > it launches Konqueror but I want it to start Firefox.
    > I looked in Edit/preferences but could not find anything
    > to select Firefox.

    This has nothing to do with TB, you have to tell mandrake firefox is
    your default browser.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org
    Hendrik Maryns, Sep 9, 2005

  3. john

    Andy J. Guest

    john wrote:
    > I'm running Mandrake/KDE. With the new Thunderbird 1.0.5
    > I got from Mozilla, if I click on a URL in Thunderbird
    > it launches Konqueror but I want it to start Firefox.
    > I looked in Edit/preferences but could not find anything
    > to select Firefox.
    >
    > Thanks!

    You need to go to Menu -> System -> Config -> KDE -> Components ->
    Chooser and select the Web Browser you want to use.

    If that doesn't work try KDE -> Components -> File Associations and link
    the Text(HTML) type to your chosen browser (put Firefox at the top of
    the list).

    The last straw if all else fails (as it did for me) is to edit the
    prefs.js file which on my system is down the following path:-

    /home/andrew/.thunderbird/sggos7x9.default/prefs.js

    You'll need to add two lines to the end of it as follows:-

    user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp",
    "/home/andrew/firefox-installer/firefox");

    user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http",
    "/home/andrew/firefox-installer/firefox");

    Obviously you need to make the path to Firefox in these lines match your
    configuration.

    Andy J.
    Andy J., Sep 10, 2005