    and take me to a specified url?

    Thank you.

    , May 31, 2005

  2. BIGEYE Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I make a shortcut on the desktop that will launch my browser
    > and take me to a specified url?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Open the website you want then copy the URL from the address bar.
    Now right click on desktop and select New>Shortcut.
    In the box that asks you to type the location of the item, paste your copied
    URL. In the next box, give it any name you like.
    That's it.

    BIGEYE, May 31, 2005

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > How do I make a shortcut on the desktop that will launch my browser
    > and take me to a specified url?

    Copy the url from your browser addressline or other, R click your
    desktop to add shortcut, paste the copied url in the field, accept or
    modify its name.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 31, 2005
  4. Guest

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 15:50:02 -0600,
    "Norma" <> wrote:

    >"Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:
    >>> How do I make a shortcut on the desktop that will launch my browser
    >>> and take me to a specified url?

    >> Copy the url from your browser addressline or other, R click your
    >> desktop to add shortcut, paste the copied url in the field, accept or
    >> modify its name.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Easter

    >Or if you can click on File, and Send it to the desktop without having to go
    >directly to the Desktop. I find that easier.
    >
    >Norma

    Does that work in Firefox or just IE?

    , May 31, 2005
  5. pcbutts1 Guest

    Or you can click and drag it to the desktop.

    pcbutts1, May 31, 2005
  6. Norma Guest

    Norma, May 31, 2005
  7. Mike Easter Guest

    Norma wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> How do I make a shortcut on the desktop that will launch my browser
    >>> and take me to a specified url?

    > Or if you can click on File, and Send it to the desktop without
    > having to go directly to the Desktop. I find that easier.

    Absolutely. Alt-F-E-S

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 31, 2005
  8. Bert Guest

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 21:27:33 GMT, wrote:

    >Does that work in Firefox or just IE?

    With Firefox, I use:

    - Open the desired webpage.
    - File-> Save as...
    - Browse to Desktop.
    - Click on save.

    I don't know if that is the smartest way, but it works...

    Bert

    --
    if (isfunny(tagline)) steal(); else next_msg();

    Bert, May 31, 2005
  9. AnonyMouse Guest

    Bert wrote:
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 21:27:33 GMT, wrote:
    >

    >> Does that work in Firefox or just IE?

    > With Firefox, I use:
    >
    > - Open the desired webpage.
    > - File-> Save as...
    > - Browse to Desktop.
    > - Click on save.
    >
    > I don't know if that is the smartest way, but it works...
    >
    > Bert

    That only saves the web page as it was when you saved it, nice for static
    pages, but for pages that have changing page information, stock tickers for
    example, you want a link on your desktop to the live copy, not a frozen
    snapshot sitting on your hard drive.

    Although that can be useful, though, for pages you want to save and read as
    reference offline.

    AnonyMouse, Jun 1, 2005