    add printer wizard asks for url to connect my hp printer to my
    network....keeps getting error where am i going wrong. help would be
    appreciated. JPW

    john walsh, Sep 24, 2006

  2. john walsh

    Malke Guest

    john walsh wrote:

    > add printer wizard asks for url to connect my hp printer to my
    > network....keeps getting error where am i going wrong. help would be
    > appreciated. JPW

    Since you haven't told us how your printer connects to the network (assumed
    wirelessly since you posted in the wireless networking group but you never
    know) or what printer model you've got, you can't get specific help. Here
    is a link that will show you what details you need to include in your next
    post in order to get focused troubleshooting:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    With the wireless/wired HP All-In-Ones that I've connected for clients and
    with the wired HP inkjets, you must use the HP install cd on each client
    computer. It sounds like you are not doing this but are instead using the
    Add Printer wizard in Control Panel.

    Run the HP install CD and follow instructions. The install routine will find
    your printer on the network. If this is the first install, your printer
    will get an IP address from your wireless router (presumably doing DHCP).

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers