Urgently needed freeware/shareware LDAP server

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Atreju, Dec 14, 2006.

  1. Atreju

    Atreju Guest

    I need to mimic Active Directory (or any other directory) using a
    stand-alone program which I am seeking recommendations for.

    I have another piece of software which was unfortunately designed to
    retrieve users ONLY using LDAP, therefore I need to simply create
    manually a handful of users in some directory that can be seen as
    LDAP. I see a number of freeware, open-source, etc. programs online
    but some I cannot find anything so far that people seem to be happy
    with (forums, etc.).

    Can anyone recommend something extremely simple? I only need to create
    user's First Name, Last Name, email address. That's pretty much it, I
    think. Maybe a "group" as well, but I don't think that's necessary.

    I hope someone can help, thanks.

    ---Atreju---

    Atreju, Dec 14, 2006