    software?
    Thank you.
    Hugo

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Don't know about Wifi and the MUI, but for the AntiVirus, you have number of
    free alternatives such as Avast! and NOD32. Which version of McAfee do you
    currently own? I think the latest version is x64 compatible. As for IE - I
    would suggest you use the 32-bit version since the majority of all plug ins
    are available for that version. Flash Player and certain Active X controls
    won't work under IE 64 Bit.

    Avast! Home for x64: http://www.avast.com/eng/down_home.html
    NOD32 Standard: http://u4.eset.com/download/win/v2st/ndntenst64.exe
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 13, 2005

  3. Did you burn the MUI ISO to CD?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 13, 2005
  4. Or extract it. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 13, 2005
  5. Hello Andre,
    Yes! I burnt the ISO file on a CD. Just so simply. I don't extract it. I
    don't know how to do?
    I find an old post of you with your advice for avast. I just register. I'am
    waiting of the register key. Thanks
    And for the wifi lan connection? I have search in "network connections" but
    there was any LAN connection?

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=, Oct 13, 2005
  6. Don't know about the Wifi, you might need to have a zip utility such as
    WinRAR installed to extract it. Have you tried that?
    http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 13, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=

    ponpon.nul Guest

    Hugo a exposé le 13.10.2005 :
    > Hello,
    > Acer Travelmate 4400 ,Thurion 64
    > I have just installed XP 64 Bits and it goes well for someone unexperimented
    > like me. But I have few question: 1) I have downloaded before installing the
    > french ISO file for french language. But impossible to install this file.
    > Must give some trick no? How to do? 2) Impossible to create a wifi connection
    > and I'am asking me really if XP 64 bits recognize my wifi hardware? I don't
    > find it in my hardware setting. What can I do? 3) What king of antivirus have
    > I to use? I have two IE (32 ad 64 bits) Can I use my usually 32 bits Mc Afee
    > software?
    > Thank you.
    > Hugo

    Usually only very few wifi card are supported...

    Site : http://www.mesnews.net

    ponpon.nul, Oct 13, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    NOD32 isn't free, Andre.

    John Barnes, Oct 14, 2005
  9. i have a amd athlon 64 3500+, nvidia 6600gt , will it work properly on my
    PC???

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xldmVyX3JpcHN0ZXI=?=, Oct 14, 2005
  10. Hi Andre,
    Have extract the ISOfile to my harddisk in a folder. Runl the MUI setupfile.
    At the and of the process of installation all was well done and as i tried to
    restart the machine, it crashed down. And now i have any french language. All
    is always in English. Just for information : in the select menu for language
    I cannot clear the engligh selection. I can just add french.
    What can I do?

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=, Oct 14, 2005
  11. Hi,
    I think I will go back to XP Pro 32 bits... I will try it next year with a
    more commercial version of XP 64 bits. No french language, no wifi, no sound,
    no printer, no joysticks, and more... It's just for scientists... Sure! Lollll

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=, Oct 14, 2005
  12. I just realized that. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 14, 2005
  13. Yes, it now supports Windows x64. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 14, 2005
  14. Here are some resources for installing the MUI properly:
    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/win2k/setup/default.mspx

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 14, 2005
  15. Hi Andre,
    I Have extracted the ISO file to my harddisk in a folder. I have run the MUI
    setup file. At the end of the process of installation all was well done and
    as I tried to
    restart the machine, it crashed. And now I have any french language. All
    is always in English. Just for information : in the select menu for language
    I cannot clear the engligh selection. I can just add french.
    What can I do?
    I have reintalled the XP 32 bits forf a time but I continue to use all
    informations because i will try to reinstall XP Pro 64bits in few days when I
    will fell ready with all the softwares and drivers.
    - Printer OK (Use BJC8800 like explain on planetAMD64)
    - Scanner (looking for)
    - Acer hardware (in process to install and burn the drivers 64 bits from
    acer support)
    - WMP to reinstall from Microsoft update center (pb Dll)
    It's not so easy... Tears and sweat said one of us...Loll

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnbw==?=, Oct 14, 2005