URGENT : Need info/help in NDIS miniport driver

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Vicky, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. Vicky

    Vicky Guest

    I am new to Win CE and a fresher to device drivers. I have to migrate a NDIS
    miniport driver (for WLAN adapter card) from Windows XP to Windows CE. The
    adapter card has USB interface.

    I was also told that the USB stack is completely different in WinCE. If that
    is the case, what is it? I could not find any documentation about this. Can
    someone provide me the same?

    I have setup a CEPC where I can connect the card and it asks driver for the
    USB device. I wrote a simple driver that communicates with the device using
    USB_FUNCS table passed in DllEntry(). So far so good.

    Since NDIS architecture is not different in WinCE, I thought migration part
    should not be tricky. But when I studied the Win XP driver source code, I
    found that there are a lot of things different or not present in WinCE. I
    have listed few of them below:

    1. There are some IRP related calls.
    2. IRQL related calls (KeGetCurrentIRQL, KeRaiseIRQL, KeLowerIRQL)
    3. I/O routines using USB request block (URB).
    4. and many more

    I could not find these calls in the PlatformBuilder help of any WinCE
    header/library files. But, I could see that using the functions defined in
    USB_FUNCS, I can accomplish the task of communicating with the device. But
    how do I get a handle to USB_FUNCS in the miniportXXX handlers?

    Do I have to write 2 separate driver? One that enumerates the device and a
    miniport driver where the enumerator passes me the pointer to USB_FUNCS?

    Can someone send me a sample of registry keys that I need?

    Any help will be highly appreciated.

    Regards

    Vicky
    Vicky, Dec 16, 2004