    Javier

    PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    , Sep 4, 2007

  2. Frank Arthur Guest

    Ever consider ordering one from the Parts Dept of Kodak?

    Frank Arthur, Sep 4, 2007

  3. Yoshi Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi Everyone
    > I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
    > Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
    > I'd love the chance to buy it.
    > Thanks very much
    > Javier
    >

    > PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    This is why Duct Tape was invented.

    Yoshi, Sep 4, 2007
  4. SMS Guest

    Re: Urgent: I need a Door or Cover for the battery/cf card formy DCS 760 (DCS 6XX or 7XX will do fine)

    wrote:
    > Hi Everyone
    > I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
    > Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
    > I'd love the chance to buy it.
    > Thanks very much
    > Javier
    >

    > PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    For the DCS-760 you're probably going to have to go back to Kodak.

    At least the battery door is more cosmetic than functional. On a lot of
    the cheaper cameras the door is part of the battery circuit, and when it
    breaks you have to either duct-tape it or get it replaced on order for
    the camera to work at all.

    SMS, Sep 4, 2007
  5. SMS Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi Everyone
    > I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
    > Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
    > I'd love the chance to buy it.
    > Thanks very much
    > Javier
    >

    > PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.

    Look at what they did at
    "http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm" though
    it renders the tripod unusable.

    SMS, Sep 4, 2007
  6. Guest

    On Sep 4, 6:20 pm, SMS <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi Everyone
    > > I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
    > > Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
    > > I'd love the chance to buy it.
    > > Thanks very much
    > > Javier

    > > PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    > You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.
    >
    > Look at what they did at
    > "http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm" though
    > it renders the tripod unusable.

    Thanks for the link.
    Unfortunately the door on this one is a cup-like thing that could only
    be moulded.
    I am thinking of doing something with epoxy but I'm not sure yet.It
    would be a heck
    of a lot of work.

    , Sep 5, 2007
  7. Frank Arthur Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sep 4, 6:20 pm, SMS <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > Hi Everyone
    >> > I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
    >> > Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
    >> > I'd love the chance to buy it.
    >> > Thanks very much
    >> > Javier

    >> > PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    >> You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.
    >>
    >> Look at what they did at
    >> "http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm"
    >> though
    >> it renders the tripod unusable.

    > Thanks for the link.
    > Unfortunately the door on this one is a cup-like thing that could
    > only
    > be moulded.
    > I am thinking of doing something with epoxy but I'm not sure yet.It
    > would be a heck
    > of a lot of work.

    Whew! It might be a "lot of work" to contact Kodak's Repair Parts
    Dept. eh?

    Frank Arthur, Sep 5, 2007
  8. Guest

    On Sep 5, 2:41 pm, "Frank Arthur" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > >> You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.

    > >> Look at what they did at
    > >> "http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm"
    > >> though
    > >> it renders the tripod unusable.

    > > Thanks for the link.
    > > Unfortunately the door on this one is a cup-like thing that could
    > > only
    > > be moulded.
    > > I am thinking of doing something with epoxy but I'm not sure yet.It
    > > would be a heck
    > > of a lot of work.

    > Whew! It might be a "lot of work" to contact Kodak's Repair Parts
    > Dept. eh?- Hide quoted text -

    Already did that way before posting here.

    , Sep 6, 2007
  9. John Turco Guest

    Re: Urgent: I need a Door or Cover for the battery/cf card for my DCS760 (DCS 6XX or 7XX will do fine)

    wrote:

    <edited, for brevity>

    > Hi Everyone
    > I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
    > Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
    > I'd love the chance to buy it.
    > Thanks very much
    > Javier
    >
    > PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    <edited>

    Hello, Javier:

    Please, try eBay <http://www.ebay.com>, where there's a thriving
    business in digicam battery doors.

    Good luck!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 15, 2007
  10. On 2007-09-04 05:29:51 -0700, said:

    > Hi Everyone
    > I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
    > Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
    > I'd love the chance to buy it.
    > Thanks very much
    > Javier
    >

    > PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    Right now there's a 620 up for auction, looks pretty good but no
    battery and offered as-is.

    item=330165652696
    --
    Cease then to grieve for your private afflictions, and address
    yourselves instead to the safety of the republic

    sheepdog 2007, Sep 15, 2007
  11. On 2007-09-14 22:24:34 -0700, sheepdog 2007 <> said:

    > On 2007-09-04 05:29:51 -0700, said:
    >
    >> Hi Everyone
    >> I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
    >> Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
    >> I'd love the chance to buy it.
    >> Thanks very much
    >> Javier
    >>

    >> PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    > Right now there's a 620 up for auction, looks pretty good but no
    > battery and offered as-is.
    >
    > item=330165652696

    WHOOPS! I pruned a long URL too drastically; that's an eBay
    <www.ebay.com> item number. Auction ends sept. 20.

    sheepdog 2007, Sep 15, 2007