    image bears little resemblance to original photograph. How can i
    rectify this??
    PLEASE HELP!!!!

    stratocasted, Nov 10, 2006

  2. stratocasted

    Doug Robbins Guest

    Is your house on fire? Are you bleeding to death? Is this truly urgent?

    Doug Robbins, Nov 10, 2006

  3. stratocasted

    bongo Guest

    "Doug Robbins" <> wrote in message
    > Is your house on fire? Are you bleeding to death? Is this truly urgent?

    it would be to you if it was your camera that you was having trouble with.

    bongo, Nov 10, 2006
  4. stratocasted

    stratocasted Guest

    bongo wrote:
    > "Doug Robbins" <> wrote in message
    > > Is your house on fire? Are you bleeding to death? Is this truly urgent?
    > >

    > it would be to you if it was your camera that you was having trouble with.

    Okay its not that type of urgency. But I would really like help on this

    stratocasted, Nov 10, 2006
  5. stratocasted

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    stratocasted wrote:
    > bongo wrote:
    >> "Doug Robbins" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is your house on fire? Are you bleeding to death? Is this truly urgent?
    >>>

    >> it would be to you if it was your camera that you was having trouble with.

    > Okay its not that type of urgency. But I would really like help on this

    Hi...

    Sorry, but I have no idea what photomatrix is...

    I'd suggest loading it into Camedia Master and see
    what it looks like for starters.

    (that's the Camedia Master that came on the cd with the
    camera, NOT the older previous camedia masters that didn't
    have raw support)

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Nov 10, 2006
  6. On 10 Nov 2006 07:46:08 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "stratocasted"
    <> wrote:

    >I have the olympus sp-510uz digital camera. When I select the raw image
    >mode, the camera as usual saves it as a .orf file. I then wish to use
    >this in applications such as photomatix to create hdr images. When I
    >load the orf file into such programs, including photoshop, the raw
    >picture is distorted, the colors have been messed up and the resulting
    >image bears little resemblance to original photograph. How can i
    >rectify this??
    >PLEASE HELP!!!!

    What version of Photoshop and what version of ACR do you have? Is this a
    unique problem which as just showed up or something that always happens?
    You might look into upgrading the version of ACR you have from the Adobe
    site.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 10, 2006
  7. stratocasted

    Guest

    stratocasted wrote:
    > bongo wrote:
    > > "Doug Robbins" <> wrote in message
    > > > Is your house on fire? Are you bleeding to death? Is this truly urgent?
    > > >

    > > it would be to you if it was your camera that you was having trouble with.

    > Okay its not that type of urgency. But I would really like help on this

    The RAW file will not have all of the adjustments the camera performs
    before it creates a JPEG - so the image will be noisy, with dull colors
    and it'll be soft because no sharpening has been applied; with RAW you
    get to decide about all those things. It could also be that the
    software doesn't recognise the 510's specific "flavor" of ORF; each
    Olympus camera has a slightly different RAW file output.

    You should have gotten Olympus Master or Camedia software with your
    camera - it's very clunky software but it does a good job of ORFs.
    Just "develop" the same ORF with default, minus 2 and plus 2 (or
    thereabouts) exposure compensation to get three TIFs, and then use them
    in your HDR software to combine tham to get an extra 4 EV.

    , Nov 10, 2006
  8. stratocasted

    stratocasted Guest

    thanks for the advice.
    but on other orf files, i downloaded a sample, the software worked
    fine.
    on the camedia software i can see the photo fine.
    ill try your advice about splitting into dif photos.
    but do you have any idea what do if i import a single raw?

    stratocasted, Nov 10, 2006
  9. In article <>,
    "stratocasted" <> wrote:

    > I have the olympus sp-510uz digital camera. When I select the raw image
    > mode, the camera as usual saves it as a .orf file. I then wish to use
    > this in applications such as photomatix to create hdr images. When I
    > load the orf file into such programs, including photoshop, the raw
    > picture is distorted, the colors have been messed up and the resulting
    > image bears little resemblance to original photograph. How can i
    > rectify this??
    > PLEASE HELP!!!!

    Have you tried to Olympus website? I believe they will have a plug-in
    for Photoshop that will allow you to import ORF files.

    Earl Misanchuk, Nov 10, 2006
  10. stratocasted

    Guest

    stratocasted wrote:
    > thanks for the advice.
    > but on other orf files, i downloaded a sample, the software worked
    > fine.
    > on the camedia software i can see the photo fine.
    > ill try your advice about splitting into dif photos.
    > but do you have any idea what do if i import a single raw?

    No, not really. I've never used HDR software - I have done a few pics
    by hand, though. Some info that might help the forum guide you would
    be - are you using the Olympus Photoshop plugin, or ACR to import the
    image into PS? And what version of Photomatix, ACR and Photoshop are
    you using?

    When you say "other ORF files" do you mean other 510UZ ORFs, or just
    other ORFs from another Olympus camera? I'd still be concerned that
    your software is not recognising the 510UZ's ORF properly. Can you just
    "straight" develop any images from your camera with Photoshop, or are
    all of them messed up?

    , Nov 10, 2006
  11. stratocasted

    stratocasted Guest

    No, the orfs are from a different camera.
    when i import my 510orf the picture is messed up. im using version
    2.3.1 of photomatix
    please help

    stratocasted, Nov 10, 2006
  12. stratocasted

    Guest

    stratocasted wrote:
    > No, the orfs are from a different camera.
    > when i import my 510orf the picture is messed up. im using version
    > 2.3.1 of photomatix
    > please help

    It sounds like Photomatix doesn't support your camera yet; you should
    talk to them about it. In the meantime the method I mentioned above,
    developing the same RAW file with three different exposure compensation
    levels using Olympus Camedia and then combining them with Photomatix,
    should work. Sorry I can't be more help.

    , Nov 10, 2006