URGENT Help needed with ASP.NET Compilation error

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by nunu_bug, Aug 6, 2009.

  1. nunu_bug

    nunu_bug

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    South Africa
    Hello everyone, i am new to ASP.NET and new to the forums, so i may have posted this in the completely wrong topic, if i have, please feel free to let me know where i should post it for the best results!

    I need help with the following, and i just can't see what i am doing wrong! I have tried posting on the ASP.NET forums but no one has responded!

    Compilation Error
    Description: Anerror occurred during the compilation of a resource required to servicethis request. Please review the following specific error details andmodify your source code appropriately.

    Compiler Error Message: BC30455:Argument not specified for parameter 'Find' of 'Public FunctionReplace(Expression As Object, Find As String, Replacement As String,[Start As Long = 1], [Count As Long = -1], [Compare AsMicrosoft.VisualBasic.CompareMethod = CompareMethod.Text]) As String'.

    Line 97: ToSend.Add("cboType", "1")

    Line 98: ToSend.Add("txtDuration", Values("Field74"))
    Line 99: ToSend.Add("txtJobTitle", fixword(Replace(Replace(Values.Common.JobTitle), "£", "GBP"), "–", "-"))
    Line 100: ToSend.Add("cboSector", Values("Field1002"))
    Line 101: ToSend.Add("optForGrad", Values("Field1012"))

    Source File: E:\InetPub\wwwroot\ServerApps\MultipostEngine\TemplateCache\Templates\Template105.aspx
    Line: 99

    Could anyone help me to figure this out? It would be much appreciated!

    Thanks
    Nunu
    nunu_bug, Aug 6, 2009

  2. nunu_bug

    Pooja_am22tech

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    The argument 'Find' is a mandatory argument in function REPLACE

    The problem is with this lineof code:

    Line 99: ToSend.Add("txtJobTitle", fixword(Replace(Replace(Values.Common.JobTitle), "£", "GBP"), "–", "-"))

    You have called function REPLACE here with only one argument whereas as per the definition, it should be passed three parameters at least.
    As you have passed only one argument here, the compiler complains about the second argument named 'FIND' NOT FOUND.

    SOLUTION:
    you should provide some value here (shown in green):
    Line 99: ToSend.Add("txtJobTitle", fixword(Replace(Replace(Values.Common.JobTitle, NEED VALUE , NEED VALUE), "£", "GBP"), "–", "-"))
    Hope it helps.
    Pooja_am22tech, Feb 3, 2010