Urgent advice needed please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Johnny 5, Aug 16, 2004.

  1. Johnny 5

    Johnny 5 Guest

    Hello,

    I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been
    handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around his
    mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some
    certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and washed
    his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or carcegonic
    please I'm really worried.

    Thanks.
    Johnny 5, Aug 16, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Johnny 5

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:02:42 GMT, Johnny 5 wrote...

    > I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been
    > handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around his
    > mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some
    > certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and washed
    > his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or carcegonic
    > please I'm really worried.


    So worried that you are prepared to wait until you get a response (with
    no guarantee of accuracy) from a newsgroup rather than seeking proper
    medical advice?

    Sheeesh.

    --
    EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
    Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by
    *me* using nothing more than common sense.
    Paul Blarmy, Aug 16, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Johnny 5

    MJP Guest

    "Johnny 5" <> wrote in message
    news:Sh9Uc.147165$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been
    > handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around

    his
    > mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some
    > certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and

    washed
    > his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or

    carcegonic
    > please I'm really worried.
    >
    > Thanks.


    There is a material safety data sheet here
    >
    >

    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/pdf/ij_c3845a_eng_v1.pdf

    Read carefully do not get carried away with some of the warnings read them
    in context.
    MJP, Aug 16, 2004
    #3
  4. Johnny 5

    °Mike° Guest

    If this is not a joke, why the hell haven't you rang
    your local hospital's ER for IMMEDIATE medical advice?

    See your subject line, up there ^^^ where it says "Urgent"?

    This is NOT a subject for newsgroup discussion/advice.
    Get medical help NOW -- take your son to the hospital
    Emergency Room.


    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:02:42 GMT, in
    <Sh9Uc.147165$>
    Johnny 5 scrawled:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been
    >handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around his
    >mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some
    >certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and washed
    >his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or carcegonic
    >please I'm really worried.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >


    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    °Mike°, Aug 16, 2004
    #4
  5. Johnny 5

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Johnny 5" <> wrote in message
    news:Sh9Uc.147165$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been
    > handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around

    his
    > mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some
    > certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and

    washed
    > his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or

    carcegonic
    > please I'm really worried.
    >
    > Thanks.



    non-toxic in small quantities...

    haven't seen anyone in the emergency room for eating documents printed from
    ink jet.

    the toxic ones are laser printer toner.

    what you should be looking for are allergic reations.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Aug 17, 2004
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. YourMind

    urgent help needed

    YourMind, Oct 2, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    417
  2. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Needed: Advice on Film Scanning, Or Website Which Has This Advice

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Sep 6, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    510
    Larry R Harrison Jr
    Sep 6, 2003
  3. Security Advisory

    !!URGENT!! Tor Vulnerability Discovered !!URGENT!!

    Security Advisory, Aug 6, 2007, in forum: Computer Security
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    926
    http://tinyurl.com/23k3dt@$NIFF-deeply.ahh
    Aug 11, 2007
  4. pooja
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,146
    pooja
    Mar 3, 2009
  5. Griffin
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    594
    Griffin
    Aug 27, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page