    and release 20D.

    Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    Abdul gnihsif, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Abdul gnihsif

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Abdul gnihsif"

    >I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    >since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    >serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    >and release 20D.
    >
    >Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    >make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    You wouldn't be "fishing" would you, Mr. gnihsif?

    You're almost as good as Mr. Llort ... LOL.

    Bill Hilton, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Abdul gnihsif

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Abdul gnihsif <> wrote:

    > I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    > since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    > serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    > and release 20D.

    Don't worry about it so much. Go shoot some pictures; they wouldn't be any
    better (or worse) with a Canon.

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy Nixon, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Abdul gnihsif

    Steve Hix Guest

    In article <>,
    "Abdul gnihsif" <> wrote:

    > I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    > since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    > serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    > and release 20D.
    >
    > Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    > make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    Because such announcements tend to kill sales of existing models between
    announcement and the new machine shipping.

    Welcome to the marketplace.

    Steve Hix, Aug 21, 2004
  5. In article <>, Abdul gnihsif
    <> wrote:

    > I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    > since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    > serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    > and release 20D.
    >
    > Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    > make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    Looks like a clear case of clue deficit disorder.

    Randall Ainsworth, Aug 21, 2004
  6. Abdul gnihsif

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Abdul gnihsif wrote:
    > I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    > since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    > serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    > and release 20D.
    >
    > Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    > make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    Manufacturers never pre-announce.

    But there are many forums and website where you can get a pretty good
    idea of what is coming in the future. All you need to do is apply Google
    now and then. For Canon products:

    http://bobatkins.photo.net/photography/digital/rumors.html

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Aug 21, 2004
  7. Abdul gnihsif

    G. Innipig Guest

    "Abdul gnihsif" <> wrote in message

    > Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    > make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    Erm, excuse me, but Canon DID tell us about the 20D - yesterday.

    G. Innipig, Aug 21, 2004
  8. Abdul gnihsif

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Abdul gnihsif wrote:
    > I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    > since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    > serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    > and release 20D.
    >
    > Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    > make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    What? You didn't think the 10D was the last camera Canon was going to
    produce, did you?

    Ron Hunter, Aug 21, 2004
  9. Abdul gnihsif

    Krow Guest

    Abdul gnihsif wrote:
    > I just sold my 10D and ... went to Nikon...
    >
    > Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful ...

    You were unfaithful and jumped ship. Now you're blaming Canon for what
    you feel is your mistake/loss???

    Krow, Aug 21, 2004
  10. Abdul gnihsif

    Jimmy Smith Guest

    You need SSRIs not a 20D

    Jimmy Smith, Aug 21, 2004
  11. On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:59:01 -0400, "Abdul gnihsif" <>
    wrote:

    >I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    >since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    >serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    >and release 20D.
    >
    >Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    >make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    <NelsonVoice> Ha Ha! (points finger) </NelsonVoice>

    Clue-Stick Man, Aug 21, 2004
  12. In article <>, says...
    > I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    > since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    > serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    > and release 20D.

    When was the 10D EVER overpriced?

    > Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    > make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    Sucker.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

    Brian C. Baird, Aug 21, 2004
  13. Abdul gnihsif

    Skip M Guest

    "Brian C. Baird" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, says...
    > > I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to

    Nikon
    > > since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market

    more
    > > serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they

    go
    > > and release 20D.

    > When was the 10D EVER overpriced?
    >
    > > Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people

    can
    > > make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    > Sucker.
    > --
    > http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

    Only to Stevie G. and his imaginary friends...

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Aug 21, 2004
  14. Bill Hilton wrote:

    > You wouldn't be "fishing" would you, Mr. gnihsif?
    >
    > You're almost as good as Mr. Llort ... LOL.

    Pretty good Bill - he got a lot of fish! I pointed out his last troll,
    but I missed this one at first glance. LOL, which, spelled backward, is LOL.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 21, 2004
  15. Abdul gnihsif

    Aguyathome Guest

    >> I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    >> since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    >> serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    >> and release 20D.

    >When was the 10D EVER overpriced?
    >
    >> Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    >> make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    Well duh! If Canon, Harley, Ford, or any body else told you that a better
    product was just around the corner, they would have a hell of a hard time
    selling their current products. Der, duh, um, eeer...

    Aguyathome, Aug 21, 2004
  16. "Abdul gnihsif" <> wrote in message
    > I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
    > since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
    > serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
    > and release 20D.
    >
    > Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
    > make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

    How have proven "faithful" you jumped from your 10D 6.3 MP camera to a D70
    6.1 MP camera, because of some percieved slight? The 20D will be in short
    supply until spring 2005. I don't think it will hit the stores until Q1 of
    2005. If lucky maybe before Christmas, but like the DigiReb (300D) nobody
    really find one easily until after Christmas.

    Darrell Larose, Aug 21, 2004
  17. Gary Eickmeier wrote:

    > Bill Hilton wrote:
    >
    >> You wouldn't be "fishing" would you, Mr. gnihsif?
    >> You're almost as good as Mr. Llort ... LOL.

    > Pretty good Bill - he got a lot of fish! I pointed out his last troll,
    > but I missed this one at first glance. LOL, which, spelled backward, is
    > LOL.

    Way more clever than "Canon sucks!" or "S***** rules!" or "Nikon kills!"
    etc. etc., and the name is- well - right there for all to see.

    Nicely done!

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Aug 22, 2004