    collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
    ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
    quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."
    Annika1980, Oct 1, 2007

  2. Annika1980

    ~~NoMad~~ Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
    > and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

    > The truth is that Mr. Divs was already pissed because I took off his
    > collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
    > ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
    > quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

    Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.

    NM
    ~~NoMad~~, Oct 1, 2007

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Oct 1, 2007
  4. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Oct 1, 9:21 am, "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote:
    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message

    > > My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
    > > and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86508425/original

    > > The truth is that Mr. Divs was already pissed because I took off his
    > > collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
    > > ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
    > > quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

    > Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.
    >
    > NM

    Not in my opinion. The way the light is hitting Divs makes him look
    both pissed and sad. I like the use of light in this one, because it
    conveys the feeling Bret was working for. Excellent work with light!
    Helen
    , Oct 1, 2007
  5. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Oct 1, 9:04 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
    > and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

    > The truth is that Mr. Divs was already pissed because I took off his
    > collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
    > ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
    > quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

    Mr Divs has the cat look of being PO'd but curious at the same time.
    Made me chuckle. Knowing full well what could happen next.

    Good capture of shadow and light. No blown out high lites. I would
    have thought it should have been a bit sharper. Would have shot at f/4
    and 1/800 sec. Would have brought more detail in ears and still
    stopped 99% of motion.

    But still a very good capture of the nature of Mr Divs.

    Keep at it.

    Draco

    Enjoy today. Tomorrow is promised to no one.
    Draco, Oct 1, 2007
  6. Annika1980

    TheDave© Guest

    > ~~NoMad~~ wrote:
    > Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.

    I think the uneven light is what makes it interesting. It's not "just
    another cat picture".
    TheDave©, Oct 1, 2007
  7. Annika1980

    Rich Guest

    On Oct 1, 9:04 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
    > and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

    > The truth is that Mr. Divs was already pissed because I took off his
    > collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
    > ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
    > quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

    Where is that ubiquitous post about people who waste time shooting
    pets, kids, etc?
    Rich, Oct 1, 2007
  8. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Oct 1, 2007
  9. Annika1980

    Charles Guest

    > On Oct 1, 9:21 am, "~~NoMad~~" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86508425/original

    >> Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.
    >>
    >> NM

    > That's why I'm me and you're ..... well, YOU!

    :>) How true!
    Charles, Oct 1, 2007
  10. Annika1980

    uw wayne Guest

    On Oct 1, 8:04 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
    > and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

    > The truth is that Mr. Divs was already pissed because I took off his
    > collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
    > ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
    > quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

    The shot was good enough to make me sneeze. I have an allergy to the
    little critters.
    uw wayne, Oct 1, 2007
  11. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 10/1/07 8:04 AM, in article
    , "Annika1980"
    <> wrote:

    > My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
    > and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.

    > The truth is that Mr. Divs was already pissed because I took off his
    > collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
    > ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
    > quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

    I don't have a sample, but I got a kittie that can show "pissed" better than
    Divs. I'll work on something.

    To me, 'Mr. D' looks 'thoughtful' to me and Marion: 'Thoughtful' - as in
    just where to chunk a hairball on which personal article that you may have
    left out...
    George Kerby, Oct 2, 2007
  12. Annika1980

    Guest

  13. Annika1980

    Deputy Dog Guest

    Deputy Dog, Oct 2, 2007
  14. Annika1980

    Pete D Guest

    Pete D, Oct 2, 2007
  15. Annika1980

    Alan K. Guest

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:38:45 GMT, "TheDave©" <> wrote:

    >> ~~NoMad~~ wrote:
    >> Intriguing picture but I would have gone for light in both eyes.

    >I think the uneven light is what makes it interesting. It's not "just
    >another cat picture".

    Yup, I'd agree with that. He doesn't look upset to me; more
    "thoughtful" as another poster said. But what do I know; I'm a dawg
    person. 8^>
    Alan K., Oct 2, 2007
  16. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Oct 2, 4:28 am, "Pete D" <> wrote:
    > "Deputy Dog" <dave@(removethis)sibbett.com> wrote in message

    > > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > > Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you)

    > > Go pound sand :p
    > >http://www.pbase.com/deputydog/image/85841003

    > > The Shadow!

    > > Dave

    > ROFL
    >
    > http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1067/1471049053_4ed53a185f_o.jpg
    >
    > BWAHAHAHAHA

    Pete and Dave, good ones. Shows just how expressive the little guys
    are.

    Draco, Oct 2, 2007
  17. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Oct 2, 2:04 pm, "Deputy Dog" <dave@(removethis)sibbett.com> wrote:
    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message

    > Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you)
    >
    > Go pound sand :phttp://www.pbase.com/deputydog/image/85841003
    >
    > The Shadow!
    >
    > Dave

    will you kids STFU? Trying to sleep here...:
    http://wizofoz2k.deviantart.com/art/old-blue-eyes-53481081
    OBE
    Noons, Oct 3, 2007
  18. Annika1980

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86508425/original
    :
    : The truth is that Mr. Divs was already pissed because I took off his
    : collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
    : ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
    : quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."

    Most cats I've known disliked collar bells, whose purpose, after all, is to
    keep them from catching birds.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 6, 2007
  19. Annika1980

    Allen Guest

    Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:04:46 -0700, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > : My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you) was not happy to see the 40D
    > : and the incredible 70-200 f/2.8L peering at him.
    > :
    > : http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86508425/original
    > :
    > : The truth is that Mr. Divs was already pissed because I took off his
    > : collar with the little bell on it. Mr. Divs loves hearing that bell
    > : ringing when he's running all over the house. While I prefer the
    > : quiet, Mr. Divs just loves his "Collar ID."
    >
    > Most cats I've known disliked collar bells, whose purpose, after all, is to
    > keep them from catching birds.
    >
    > Bob

    Every cat that we have put one on over the years has found a way to get
    it off or to mute it by walking softly. We don't need to bell our cats
    to know where they are because they are very vocal, especially in the
    middle of the night.
    Allen
    Allen, Oct 6, 2007
  20. Annika1980

    anon123 Guest

    In article <>,
    Annika1980 <> wrote:

    > My cat, Divot, (that's "Mr. Divs" to you)

    Your condescension and arrogance annoy me. Not that you care but it
    seems you think you and your camera are God's gift to this newsgroup, if
    not the planet Earth. But at least to me, pixel-peeping does not
    constitute the art of photography.

    Things are a lot more peaceful with you and Helen in my killfile, but I
    still see your quotes in other's posts so sometimes I feel the desire to
    show you the error of your ways.
    anon123, Oct 6, 2007