    Is the power supply failing or is the UPS under powered.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    Dave
    Woodshark, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Woodshark

    JANA Guest

    At 91% load, it will not take very much more to trip the protection on a
    UPS. Electrical supply should have at least 40% or more headroom for
    headroom.

    You need a larger UPS, or to decrease the load to about half.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Woodshark" <> wrote in message
    I have a 390w UPS (Nexxtech) with my cpu and monitor plugged in (approx
    240w and 70w) . It reports 91% load.
    When I start an application it jumps to 100% and the overload alarm
    sounds.

    JANA, Jan 14, 2006

  3. Woodshark

    Woodshark Guest

    I did the calcs and it was too close at 360w total verus 390w rated. So
    I traded it in on a 900w and all is fine yet the diags shows the load
    jumping to 80% at times which would not be possible or so I thought.
    Thank you all for the advice.
    Woodshark, Jan 14, 2006
  4. Woodshark

    jp10558 Guest

    On 14 Jan 2006 08:46:31 -0800, Woodshark wrote:

    > I did the calcs and it was too close at 360w total verus 390w rated. So
    > I traded it in on a 900w and all is fine yet the diags shows the load
    > jumping to 80% at times which would not be possible or so I thought.
    > Thank you all for the advice.

    That seems quite odd. I have a Cyberpower 1500AVR 900W UPS, and I've never
    seen it jump over 26% load, and that's with my Tower, LCD Monitor,
    Speakers, dsl modem, a switch, a router, my printer, and a 20" BOX FAN in
    and running.

    Although, I really don't know much about gestimating the wattage a tower
    will pull - I would have thought 300W itself...
    With A64 3400, GeForce 6600GT, 2 optical drives, 5 hard drives, a floppy
    drive and assorted case fans...
    jp10558, Jan 15, 2006
  5. Woodshark

    Scraggy Guest

    Rosco wrote:
    SNIPPED
    > Did you really have to waste all that time writing that? 'cmon guy,
    > get a f****ing life! Retard

    Did you have to repost it? Wanker.

    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Jan 15, 2006
  6. Woodshark

    Rosco Guest

    Scraggy cried out

    > Rosco wrote:
    > SNIPPED
    >> Did you really have to waste all that time writing that? 'cmon guy,
    >> get a f****ing life! Retard

    > Did you have to repost it? Wanker.

    Sorry, I forgot to snip....
    Rosco, Jan 16, 2006