    letter even though it was written in lower case.

    How could I avoid that happening please?

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Dec 26, 2004

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    MJP Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using my computer for a language other than English and when I
    > press return, then the first letter becomes a capital or upper case
    > letter even though it was written in lower case.
    >
    > How could I avoid that happening please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    Using what program?

    MJP

    MJP, Dec 26, 2004

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Hi,
    |
    | I am using my computer for a language other than English and when I
    | press return, then the first letter becomes a capital or upper case
    | letter even though it was written in lower case.
    |
    | How could I avoid that happening please?
    |
    | Rajinder

    And what program are you typing in? That would seem to be pertinent
    information, now wouldn't it? Why do you continue to post questions here
    without the information needed to assist you? I've read many of your posts,
    and more information is always requested. If you learn to do it well the
    first time, you could get help sooner, couldn't you!

    Toolman Tim, Dec 26, 2004
  4. Hi,

    Sorry. I am using Win98SE and Word2000.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Dec 26, 2004
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    SgtMinor Guest

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using my computer for a language other than English and when I
    > press return, then the first letter becomes a capital or upper case
    > letter even though it was written in lower case.
    >
    > How could I avoid that happening please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    If you're using Word, go to Tools > AutoCorrect and uncheck the box.

    SgtMinor, Dec 26, 2004
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <<top posting fixed to prevent "mixed posting">>

    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> wrote in
    | message
    | > | Hi,
    | > |
    | > | I am using my computer for a language other than English and when I
    | > | press return, then the first letter becomes a capital or upper case
    | > | letter even though it was written in lower case.
    | > |
    | > | How could I avoid that happening please?
    | > |
    | > | Rajinder
    | > |
    | > And what program are you typing in? That would seem to be pertinent
    | > information, now wouldn't it? Why do you continue to post questions
    | here
    | > without the information needed to assist you? I've read many of your
    | posts,
    | > and more information is always requested. If you learn to do it well
    | the
    | > first time, you could get help sooner, couldn't you!
    | >

    | | Hi,
    |
    | Sorry. I am using Win98SE and Word2000.
    |
    | Rajinder

    Okay - since it is considered correct in English composition to capitalize
    the first character in a sentence, Word defaults to doing that on it's own.
    Typically with word-wrap handled automatically (the Return key isn't
    required except to start a new paragraph) Word thinks that the Return key
    means that you are starting a new sentence. Obviously, if your document
    requires different syntax or formatting, that really does get annoying!

    So you can click on "Tool", then "Auto correct...". When that window opens,
    remove the checkmark from in front of "Capitalize first letters of
    sentences". My word processor already has that turned off because I do some
    custom formatting myself.

    Happy holidays!

    Toolman Tim, Dec 26, 2004
  7. Hi,