    Player (XP) that I can install to see if the thing works.

    TIA

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Aug 5, 2007

  2. PeeCee

    sam Guest

    PeeCee wrote:
    > Greetings all
    >
    > I bought a NAS/USB external Hard Drive Box on the weekend that amongst other
    > things has a built in "UPnP Server"
    >
    > Not having played with UPnP before can anyone recomend a software UPnP
    > Player (XP) that I can install to see if the thing works.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Paul.

    Windows Media Player 11 supports UPnP as "media sharing"
    or Cidero http://www.cidero.com/

    The Twonky site has some more
    http://www.twonkyvision.de/Products/TwonkyMedia/devices.html

    sam, Aug 6, 2007

  3. PeeCee

    NR Guest

    On Aug 6, 11:00 am, sam <> wrote:
    > PeeCee wrote:
    > > Greetings all

    > > I bought a NAS/USB external Hard Drive Box on the weekend that amongst other
    > > things has a built in "UPnP Server"

    > > Not having played with UPnP before can anyone recomend a software UPnP
    > > Player (XP) that I can install to see if the thing works.

    > > TIA

    > > Paul.

    > Windows Media Player 11 supports UPnP as "media sharing"
    > or Ciderohttp://www.cidero.com/
    >
    > The Twonky site has some morehttp://www.twonkyvision.de/Products/TwonkyMedia/devices.html

    geexbox is a single CD media system that is only about 8meg. Download
    it, write the cd, reboot and you will have a UPnP player.

    NR, Aug 6, 2007