    Any solutions to this, other than use a real FTP program?
    Thanks
    Graham

    Experienced but Undocumented, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Experienced but Undocumented

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Experienced but Undocumented wrote:

    > No, I haven't gone nuts and I'm not making my site with publisher :p
    >
    > I have a client that is though and was wondering if anyone else has noticed
    > this interesting little problem:
    >
    > When you make a website with publisher, it puts all linked pages and images
    > in a folder. Say you name your site "foo", the folder would be named
    > "foo_files". However...
    >
    > When you upload onto a Unix-based system, the images and additional files
    > are created as a file in the root directory with names like
    > "foo_files\image001.gif". I'm assuming Publisher doesn't know it's working
    > on a Unix-based system and uses backward slashes instead of forward slashes.
    >
    > Any solutions to this, other than use a real FTP program?

    It doesn't need a solution Graham, it should work fine. I think you
    will find when you go to the website everything works as it should.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Experienced but Undocumented

    Richard Guest

    Experienced but Undocumented wrote:

    > No, I haven't gone nuts and I'm not making my site with publisher :p

    > I have a client that is though and was wondering if anyone else has
    > noticed this interesting little problem:

    > When you make a website with publisher, it puts all linked pages and
    > images in a folder. Say you name your site "foo", the folder would be
    > named "foo_files". However...

    > When you upload onto a Unix-based system, the images and additional files
    > are created as a file in the root directory with names like
    > "foo_files\image001.gif". I'm assuming Publisher doesn't know it's
    > working on a Unix-based system and uses backward slashes instead of
    > forward slashes.

    > Any solutions to this, other than use a real FTP program?
    > Thanks
    > Graham

    Use an ftp program or if you have the capability, directly from the site,
    like in cpanel.

    Another reason why FP sucks. The writer's make it work on windows based
    systems, well, they tried anyway.

    Richard, Feb 16, 2004
  4. > Experienced but Undocumented wrote:
    > > When you upload onto a Unix-based system, the images and additional

    files
    > > are created as a file in the root directory with names like
    > > "foo_files\image001.gif". I'm assuming Publisher doesn't know it's

    working
    > > on a Unix-based system and uses backward slashes instead of forward

    slashes.

    "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote
    > It doesn't need a solution Graham, it should work fine. I think you
    > will find when you go to the website everything works as it should.

    Sadly, no :(

    http://www.toao.net/pubtest/

    -Graham

    Experienced but Undocumented, Feb 17, 2004
  5. Experienced but Undocumented

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Experienced but Undocumented wrote:

    >>Experienced but Undocumented wrote:
    >>
    >>>When you upload onto a Unix-based system, the images and additional

    > files
    >
    >>>are created as a file in the root directory with names like
    >>>"foo_files\image001.gif". I'm assuming Publisher doesn't know it's

    > working
    >
    >>>on a Unix-based system and uses backward slashes instead of forward

    > slashes.
    >

    > "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote
    >
    >>It doesn't need a solution Graham, it should work fine. I think you
    >>will find when you go to the website everything works as it should.

    > Sadly, no :(
    >
    > http://www.toao.net/pubtest/
    >

    > -Graham

    Fair enough - but one thing I did notice is that you have index.htm
    rather than index.html What will happen if you rename it?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 17, 2004
  6. "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote
    > Fair enough - but one thing I did notice is that you have index.htm
    > rather than index.html What will happen if you rename it?

    It would show the file, but it wouldn't show any pictures. I renamed it
    just so people would see the directory listing.

    Graham

    Experienced but Undocumented, Feb 17, 2004