    please tell me, when looking at this video on the internet, will it "stream"
    when playing or will it have to be downloaded, and so take as long as it
    does to upload?

    Neil Greenough, Sep 13, 2003

  2. Neil Greenough

    jeroen Guest

    In article <bjuta6$bh0$>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently uploading a video file (.avi) to the internet. Because of the
    > type of video file it is, it is taking a while to upload. Could anybody
    > please tell me, when looking at this video on the internet, will it "stream"
    > when playing or will it have to be downloaded, and so take as long as it
    > does to upload?

    It won't stream unless you've uploaded it to a streaming server.
    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands

    jeroen, Sep 13, 2003

  3. It has to be on a streaming server. You also have to design a webpage that
    will imbed the stream in it, else it'll just download.
    Use Eversoft, FIrstpag 2000, it has scripts that will add streaming
    capabilities to you website.

    --
    Rob B
    http://www.techhowto.org