    Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) ( )
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! / \
    www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

    Soup, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Soup

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:17:34 GMT, Soup wrote:

    >Hi all.
    > As part of my package I have 30 MB off webspace to use however

    Don't forget about your nice and very handy local newsgroup
    blueyonder.discussion.pwp
    or even
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/web/

    > I invisage only using it for pics and drawings and putting a link to said
    >web page in any post (so I don't (?) need an authoring programme)

    Right you don't for that.

    >Any on-web tutorials on how to load images to web space or is it such
    >a non event that a tutorial is not necessary.Already have WS_FT

    Non event really. Although it's best to have a main index page to get
    rid of the default and perhaps 1 page listing the picture links.
    Neither is necessary.

    >as an ftp programme (can't seem to use it)and aceHTML 5

    The basic steps would be-
    Create a folder on your hardisk to store the pictures.

    Using, WS_FTP LE v5.08
    Connect (opens session properties)
    New
    Profile Name - BY PWP
    Host Name - ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

    either from the letter/email or your alias entry in selfcare enter the
    (see http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/web/ )
    following ;

    User ID -
    Password -

    If you wish - tick Save Pwd

    Select the startup tab,

    Enter the initial local folder path, the one you created earlier.

    Click OK, it will try to connect.

    When you get connected, you should see the local folder on the left
    (usually) and remote pwp folder on the right.

    Copy the files across.

    If that's a load of crap see this,

    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/web/
    Uploading Your Pages
    How do I configure my FTP program?
    WS_FTP - http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/software/ftp/ws.shtml

    Me

    why?, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Soup

    Senti Guest

    Soup did mumble y0XJb.6521$...

    > Hi all.
    > As part of my package I have 30 MB off webspace to use however
    > I invisage only using it for pics and drawings and putting a link to
    > said web page in any post (so I don't (?) need an authoring programme)

    Rather than taking up your webspace with pics, why not check out an online
    photo hosting site like Photobucket.com? They allow you to hot link to the
    photos stored there and give 100MB of space. They do have a filesize limit
    of 250KB, but I don't see that being a problem if you're using jpg's (for
    example).

    > Any on-web tutorials on how to load images to web space or is it such
    > a non event that a tutorial is not necessary.Already have WS_FT
    > as an ftp programme (can't seem to use it)and aceHTML 5

    I would suggest checking with your ISP (Blueyonder?). Try here, maybe:
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/web/

    --
    ~SF~
    Things will get better -- despite our efforts to improve them. -Will

    Senti, Jan 4, 2004