Uploading Photos in Bulk to my website - Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nospam, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    Hi

    I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
    neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
    which one they would like a copy of.

    Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
    a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
    image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
    highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
    know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
    that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
    would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
    software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
    gallery on my website as I have described above?

    Thanks in advance

    nospam, Jan 4, 2007

  2. nospam

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
    > neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
    > which one they would like a copy of.
    >
    > Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
    > a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
    > image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
    > highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
    > know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
    > that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
    > would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
    > software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
    > gallery on my website as I have described above?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Check out Jalbum. Its what I use.

    Rudy Benner, Jan 4, 2007

  3. nospam

    ray Guest

    On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:16:30 -0800, nospam wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
    > neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
    > which one they would like a copy of.
    >
    > Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
    > a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
    > image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
    > highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
    > know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
    > that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
    > would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
    > software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
    > gallery on my website as I have described above?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I use imageindex for creating galleries - quite good and flexible.

    ray, Jan 4, 2007
  4. Microsoft windown under my NETWORK PLACES has a facility to set up a folder
    that is effectively on your web server - you can then drag and drop complete
    folders (and its sub folders) onto the web server.

    Photoshop in Browse has a facility to select a group of photos and
    automatically create a web site with scrollable thumbnail and select to
    display large facility. It can be tested on your own pc then downloaded as
    above for windows. I don't know how you do this on a mac but believe there
    are various ftp (file transfer) programs available for this job for both the
    mac and pc.

    I have used the above to set up a tes web site for photographs while
    designing a better one with dreamweaver. See www.ember-razement.com.au

    Malcolm

    Malcolm Smith, Jan 4, 2007
  5. >> Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
    >> a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
    >> image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
    >> highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
    >> know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
    >> that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
    >> would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
    >> software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
    >> gallery on my website as I have described above?

    > Check out Jalbum. Its what I use.

    Me too, it's a great bit of free software. As long as the image filename
    will suffice as the "tag" that people can use to identify their required
    image it'll work out of the box.

    --
    Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/

    Derek Fountain, Jan 4, 2007
  6. nospam

    Pete Guest

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
    > neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
    > which one they would like a copy of.
    >
    > Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
    > a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
    > image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
    > highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
    > know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
    > that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
    > would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
    > software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
    > gallery on my website as I have described above?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Image Gallery Magic:

    http://www.projectseven.com/products/galleries/hgmagic/index.htm

    A superb piece of software

    Pete

    Pete, Jan 4, 2007
  7. nospam

    Mike Russell Guest

    > "nospam" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
    >> neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
    >> which one they would like a copy of.

    JAlbum can do this, and has a template for ordering prints. It's free at
    http://jalbum.net/

    If you want to go even more elaborate, try coppermine. It's a full blown
    photo site and may do more than you want, but it does support bulk upload of
    images, either via FTP or using WinXP's web publishing wizard. It's also
    free: http://coppermine-gallery.net/ .

    I often upload to www.ofoto.com or www.snapfish.com. From there, friends
    can order prints at about 14 cents each.
    --

    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Jan 4, 2007
  8. nospam

    jmc Guest

    Suddenly, without warning, nospam exclaimed (04-Jan-07 11:46 AM):
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
    > neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
    > which one they would like a copy of.
    >
    > Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
    > a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
    > image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
    > highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
    > know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
    > that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
    > would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
    > software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
    > gallery on my website as I have described above?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I use ThumbsPlus' Web Page Wizard to create the table, links, and
    comments in the .jpg file. I then use Dreamweaver to wrap a template
    around it...

    jodi [dot] ws

    I've used TP for years, it's a great cataloging program, and the wp
    wizard saves me exactly that laborious activity you're looking to get
    out of.

    jmc

    jmc, Jan 5, 2007
  9. nospam

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    nospam wrote:
    > Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
    > a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
    > image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
    > highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
    > know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
    > that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
    > would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
    > software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
    > gallery on my website as I have described above?

    I use, well, Gallery!

    http://gallery.menalto.com/

    (Your server needs PHP capability, though).

    I notice this is rarely mentioned here. Any reason people don't use it?

    --
    Vultures only fly with carrion luggage.

    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

    anl