    --

    Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

    mailto:

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 13, 2003

  2. "Harry Da Hat" <> wrote in message
    news:WFQsb.29210$-kc.rr.com...
    > George Preddy,
    >
    > I shall upload my Fuji TIFF to Pbase as soon as I get an account there.
    > This might take as long as 2-3 weeks depending upon my bank and

    transactions
    > going on at the moment. I know, you shall make fun of my posts,
    > nevertheless, I won't respond to your funmaking or poketaking.

    Harry, I have a great idea. Lets save teh time and trouble.

    Allow me to post a full size unprocessed TIF from one of the higher end Fuji
    models I've owned, I have tons of straight out-of-camera 6MP Fuji TIFs
    laying around. I primise I'll pick from my best ones, and if you don't
    think it is fully representative, we'll try another and another. Deal?

    George Preddy, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Harry Da Hat

    Steve Young Guest

    > "Harry Da Hat" <> wrote

    > > George Preddy,

    > > I shall upload my Fuji TIFF to Pbase as soon as I get an account there.
    > > This might take as long as 2-3 weeks depending upon my bank and
    > > transactions
    > > going on at the moment. I know, you shall make fun of my posts,
    > > nevertheless, I won't respond to your funmaking or poketaking.

    > "George Preddy" <> wrote
    > Harry, I have a great idea. Lets save teh time and trouble.

    > Allow me to post a full size unprocessed TIF from one of the higher end
    > Fuji models I've owned, I have tons of straight out-of-camera 6MP Fuji
    > TIFs laying around. I primise I'll pick from my best ones, and if you don't
    > think it is fully representative, we'll try another and another. Deal?

    why that'd let Harry sit tight on the nickel,... at least for a minute ;)

    Steve Young, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Harry Da Hat

    Rob Davison Guest

    Harry Da Hat wrote:
    > George Preddy,
    >
    > I shall upload my Fuji TIFF to Pbase as soon as I get an account there.
    > This might take as long as 2-3 weeks depending upon my bank and transactions
    > going on at the moment. I know, you shall make fun of my posts,
    > nevertheless, I won't respond to your funmaking or poketaking.

    George might want to record a TIF image with his "redundant" Sony 717
    and then check the exif section of 'file info' dialogue in Photoshop...

    My 707 certainly seems to include all of the usual exif tags in
    its TIF files and I can't imagine why a 717 wouldn't do the same.

    I'm a mite surprised that George hasn't used TIFs enough to know this.
    After all he's a pro who 'cringes' at the thought of recording JPEG.

    Now, about that apology for calling Harry a liar George? :)

    Rob Davison, Nov 13, 2003
  5. "Rob Davison" <> wrote in message
    > Harry Da Hat wrote:
    > > George Preddy,
    > >
    > > I shall upload my Fuji TIFF to Pbase as soon as I get an account there.
    > > This might take as long as 2-3 weeks depending upon my bank and

    transactions
    > > going on at the moment. I know, you shall make fun of my posts,
    > > nevertheless, I won't respond to your funmaking or poketaking.

    > George might want to record a TIF image with his "redundant" Sony 717
    > and then check the exif section of 'file info' dialogue in Photoshop...

    My 717 hit ebay long ago.

    George Preddy, Nov 14, 2003
  6. Harry Da Hat

    Rob Davison Guest

    George Preddy wrote:
    > "Rob Davison" <> wrote in message

    >>George might want to record a TIF image with his "redundant" Sony 717
    >>and then check the exif section of 'file info' dialogue in Photoshop...

    > My 717 hit ebay long ago.

    And let me guess, you were so disgusted with the quality compared to
    your SD-9 you've deleted all the TIFs you took with it?

    What, you mean you used JPEG?
    Hardly fair comparing JPEG with RAW is it George?

    Conveniently snipped text re-introduced:

    Rob Davison, Nov 14, 2003
  7. "Rob Davison" <> wrote in message
    > George Preddy wrote:
    > > "Rob Davison" <> wrote in message

    > >>George might want to record a TIF image with his "redundant" Sony 717
    > >>and then check the exif section of 'file info' dialogue in Photoshop...

    > > My 717 hit ebay long ago.

    > And let me guess, you were so disgusted with the quality compared to
    > your SD-9 you've deleted all the TIFs you took with it?

    TIFs? With 128MB (at the time)? Are you nuts? Way too slow too.

    > What, you mean you used JPEG?
    > Hardly fair comparing JPEG with RAW is it George?

    Not like there is a choice. In terms of image quality, if the SD-9 is a 10,
    the F717 is 3. I have taken a zillion images with both, it is not close.
    In terms of features/ergonomics, the margin grows considerably.

    George Preddy, Nov 14, 2003
  8. Harry Da Hat

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 13-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    > Allow me to post a full size unprocessed TIF from one of the higher end
    > Fuji
    > models I've owned, I have tons of straight out-of-camera 6MP Fuji TIFs
    > laying around. I primise I'll pick from my best ones, and if you don't
    > think it is fully representative, we'll try another and another. Deal?

    Better idea. You give me a 12.5 mb space to ftp to, and I'll privately send
    you the TIFF so you can examine it for yourself. In the meantime, go ahead
    and post your TIFFs. I've already asked you to do that in a prior thread,
    days ago.

    Harry

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 14, 2003
  9. Harry Da Hat

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 13-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    > Allow me to post a full size unprocessed TIF from one of the higher end
    > Fuji
    > models I've owned, I have tons of straight out-of-camera 6MP Fuji TIFs
    > laying around. I primise I'll pick from my best ones, and if you don't
    > think it is fully representative, we'll try another and another. Deal?

    And if it's coming out of a Fuji, I will assume if it's UNTOUCHED, it WILL
    contain EXIF data!! All Fujis that I've seen do produce TIFFs that do
    contain EXIF data.

    George, let's work this out. I've got to, in fairness, post my file. Give
    me the time. We're both going nowhere for a couple of weeks, are we????
    What are you rushing for? You going to trade up to the 12 that quickly????
    So you expect the 12 to outdo the 9 so much that you think IT's RAW files
    will beat the 9's by a long shot?????

    Come on George, give me a friggin break.

    Harry

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 14, 2003
  10. "Harry Da Hat" <> wrote in message

    > On 13-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Allow me to post a full size unprocessed TIF from one of the higher end
    > > Fuji
    > > models I've owned, I have tons of straight out-of-camera 6MP Fuji TIFs
    > > laying around. I primise I'll pick from my best ones, and if you don't
    > > think it is fully representative, we'll try another and another. Deal?

    > And if it's coming out of a Fuji, I will assume if it's UNTOUCHED, it WILL
    > contain EXIF data!! All Fujis that I've seen do produce TIFFs that do
    > contain EXIF data.
    >
    > George, let's work this out. I've got to, in fairness, post my file.

    Give
    > me the time. We're both going nowhere for a couple of weeks, are we????

    A couple of weeks? Pull yourself into the 90's, Harry.

    > What are you rushing for?

    I don't need to rush, I already know. I'll bet I've shot at least 10 times
    as many Fuji SCCD3 6MP samples on my hard drive than you have. Hang on, let
    me check... I've got 7000, how 'bout you? I'm waiting patiently, because
    you seem to want to show me how great the Fuji is, and I;d love to see it
    because in 7000 shots, I don't have a single one that remotely compares to
    my worst SD-9 shot. But there is no need for any of this, there are plenty
    real live of Fuji shots on pbase.

    Here you go...
    http://www.pbase.com/image/3507240

    Compare...
    http://www.pbase.com/image/23008820

    It's really close, isn't it?

    George Preddy, Nov 14, 2003
  11. Harry Da Hat

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 14, 2003
  12. "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    > Cats? Did someone say cats?
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/13184171

    Hey, that's _sharp_. You must be using a Foveon! We all know Bayer cameras
    can't make sharp images...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Nov 14, 2003
  13. Harry Da Hat

    George Kerby Guest

    On 11/14/03 8:46 AM, in article
    , "Annika1980"
    <> wrote:

    >> From: "George Preddy"

    >> there are plenty
    >> real live of Fuji shots on pbase.
    >>
    >> Here you go...
    >> http://www.pbase.com/image/3507240
    >>
    >> Compare...
    >> http://www.pbase.com/image/23008820
    >>

    > Cats? Did someone say cats?
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/13184171

    Is that Divot? He's changing colors...

    George Kerby, Nov 14, 2003
  14. Harry Da Hat

    Darrell Guest

    Maybe he was using a Sigma lens? Aren't Sigma lenses so sharp they can make
    a 3.54 Megapixel sensor resolve 10.2 MP???

    Darrell, Nov 14, 2003
  15. Harry Da Hat

    Paul H. Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message

    > "Harry Da Hat" <> wrote in message
    > > George Preddy,
    > >
    > > I shall upload my Fuji TIFF to Pbase as soon as I get an account there.
    > > This might take as long as 2-3 weeks depending upon my bank and

    > transactions
    > > going on at the moment. I know, you shall make fun of my posts,
    > > nevertheless, I won't respond to your funmaking or poketaking.

    > Harry, I have a great idea. Lets save teh time and trouble.
    >
    > Allow me to post a full size unprocessed TIF from one of the higher end

    Fuji
    > models I've owned, I have tons of straight out-of-camera 6MP Fuji TIFs
    > laying around. I primise I'll pick from my best ones, and if you don't
    > think it is fully representative, we'll try another and another. Deal?

    I've got a better idea which costs nothing: why doesn't everyone just get
    over it, get on with their lives, and stop pretending that any of this crap
    is worth fighting over? Frankly, I'm kicking myself in the butt for having
    stuck with the thread this long and now the discussion has degenerated to
    the point where people might start asking "swords or pistols?" and sending
    out their "seconds" to arrange dates and times.

    Sheesh--it's just a damn digital camera, not the freaking Second Coming of
    St. Ansel.

    Paul H., Nov 14, 2003
  16. Harry Da Hat

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 14-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    I'll bet I've shot at least 10 times
    > as many Fuji SCCD3 6MP samples on my hard drive than you have. Hang on,
    > let
    > me check... I've got 7000, how 'bout you?

    I probably have about 20,000 jpg and tiff images mixed on my 3-120gb and
    2-60gb drives in my server here total. That's one hell of a lot more than
    you have. Most of them are stored on the 120's and you don't care to see
    them because they are images that are of shooting subjects that are of no
    interest to the general public. They are more for commercial use than for
    p;ublic use.

    Sorry bout that Georgie boy.

    Harry

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 14, 2003
  17. Harry Da Hat

    Harry Da Hat Guest

    On 14-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    > A couple of weeks? Pull yourself into the 90's, Harry.

    Yeah, a couple of weeks, Foveon brain. I can't help it if my economics
    don't measure up to your standards. I have a commercial budget to keep down
    to a razors edge. I watch the gas in the van, the electricity, etc. I hope
    you don't mind that. If my 5 figures don't get me by, I have to start
    cutting back. That must be ok by you. Especially to bring in a net income
    once a month.

    Harry

    Harry Da Hat, Nov 14, 2003
  18. George Preddy, Nov 14, 2003
  19. "David J. Littleboy" <> wrote in message

    > "Annika1980" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Cats? Did someone say cats?
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/13184171

    > Hey, that's _sharp_. You must be using a Foveon! We all know Bayer cameras
    > can't make sharp images...

    Either that, or the image has 1.58M pixels. The exact full color resolution
    of the D60. Imagine that, George is exactly right. As if there was a
    question. I've said all along there isn't much difference between designs
    if you interpolatively downsize a Bayer to its proper full color resoluion,
    it averages that 4:1 upscaling right back out. The D60 is a very fine
    1.58MP camera, no doubt about it.

    George Preddy, Nov 14, 2003
  20. "Harry Da Hat" <> wrote in message

    > On 14-Nov-2003, "George Preddy" <> wrote:
    >
    > I'll bet I've shot at least 10 times
    > > as many Fuji SCCD3 6MP samples on my hard drive than you have. Hang on,
    > > let
    > > me check... I've got 7000, how 'bout you?

    > I probably have about 20,000 jpg and tiff images mixed on my 3-120gb and
    > 2-60gb drives in my server here total. That's one hell of a lot more than
    > you have. Most of them are stored on the 120's and you don't care to see
    > them because they are images that are of shooting subjects that are of no
    > interest to the general public. They are more for commercial use than for
    > p;ublic use.
    >
    > Sorry bout that Georgie boy.

    But you don't have the capability to post 1 in less than 30 days. Right.

    George Preddy, Nov 14, 2003