    This has to be possible right?

    TIA,
    MH

    michael, Feb 6, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    michael <> wrote:
    :I can save config files all day long using a tftp server, but I can't
    :for the life of me figure out how to get them back to the pix. I don't
    :want them to merge so conf net is not what I want right? I've tried
    :conf mem, but that doesn't seem to work or I'm doing it wrong.

    :This has to be possible right?

    No, it isn't possible. There is no way to tftp in a config file
    to a PIX and have its settings overwrite the existing settings.

    What we do is use config net, but at key points in the
    file we are loading in, we put in 'clear' or 'no' statements
    so as to reset something to the default state (which the file
    then promptly changes.) These additional 'clear' or 'no' commands
    will ot be saved when you "write mem" and will not appear when
    you "write net": each of them will be acted upon at the point
    they are encountered in the configuration file and then will be
    forgotten by the PIX.

    It usually becomes easier to consistantly work by modifying the
    configuration file on the server and loading that in, rather
    than to modify the configuration interactively, save the configuration
    to the server, modify the saved configuration to have the clear/no
    commands...

    Walter Roberson, Feb 6, 2004