    My meter shows something uploading (4 KB/s ) most of the time inc when the
    computer is idle. I have checked all spywares etc. Any ideas please
    Thanks

    Dutchman, May 2, 2008

  2. Dutchman

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-05-02, Dutchman <> wrote:
    > My meter shows something uploading (4 KB/s ) most of the time inc when the
    > computer is idle. I have checked all spywares etc. Any ideas please
    > Thanks

    What Operating System? What firewall settings? Have you checked to see
    which programs are running?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, May 2, 2008

  3. Dutchman

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 11:40:28 GMT, "Dutchman" <>
    wrote:

    >My meter shows something uploading (4 KB/s ) most of the time inc when the
    >computer is idle. I have checked all spywares etc. Any ideas please
    >Thanks

    What does it upload when you disconnect?

    joevan, May 2, 2008
  4. Dutchman wrote:

    > My meter shows something uploading (4 KB/s ) most of the time inc when
    > the computer is idle.

    That sounds about the right speed for a zombied, spamming bot.

    > I have checked all spywares etc.

    What did you use? What software?

    > Any ideas please Thanks

    You appear to be using Windows XP. Try SuperAntiSpyware.
    http://superantiwpyware.com/ and get the free home version. Install,
    update, scan.

    BTW, do you work for the guy who owns the edamcheese.com domain,
    registered to someone in the Cayman Islands?

    http://tekrider.net/general/misctips.php#mung

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 2, 2008
  5. Dutchman

    ded Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message

    > What does it upload when you disconnect?

    What??

    To OP dutchman, you are using an XP box, you are probably
    relying on the inadequate XP firewall, it only scans incoming
    flows, it cannot scan anything that is outgoing.
    You probably have an infection that is "phoning home".
    Spyware tools are not enough, for XP you need a fully
    uptodate anti-virus and a bi-directional firewall.
    Download these freebies and clean up XP.

    Free anti-virus software
    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/2129071/avg-antivirus-free-edition

    Free bi-directional firewall (Scans both incoming and outgoing)
    http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/screenshots2.html?im=8
    Click the free download link to the right of screen

    ded, May 2, 2008
  6. Dutchman

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 11:40:28 GMT, Dutchman wrote:

    >My meter shows something uploading (4 KB/s ) most of the time inc when the

    Your meter what?

    The OS is?

    Broadband? Sort of ADSL on VM.

    >computer is idle. I have checked all spywares etc. Any ideas please

    Oh right that helps a lot, at least your are sure about that. It's not
    PCGuard then?

    >Thanks

    For Windows OS (since using OE),

    HijackThis, Autoruns,

    Spybot Search and Destroy, Adaware.

    Often mentioned in 24HSHD, can search using

    Then there is

    netstat

    www.sysinternals.com TCPview, Process Explorer

    www.snapfiles.com for the USB stick tools - smartsniff , currports.

    Me

    why?, May 2, 2008
  7. Dutchman

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 2 May 2008 15:38:44 +0100, "ded" <>
    wrote:

    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> What does it upload when you disconnect?

    >What??
    >
    >To OP dutchman, you are using an XP box, you are probably
    >relying on the inadequate XP firewall, it only scans incoming
    >flows, it cannot scan anything that is outgoing.
    >You probably have an infection that is "phoning home".
    >Spyware tools are not enough, for XP you need a fully
    >uptodate anti-virus and a bi-directional firewall.
    >Download these freebies and clean up XP.
    >
    >Free anti-virus software
    >http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/2129071/avg-antivirus-free-edition
    >
    >Free bi-directional firewall (Scans both incoming and outgoing)
    >http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/screenshots2.html?im=8
    >Click the free download link to the right of screen

    Was adding to the confusion. As he gave little info thought it might
    elicit a bit. Also having a bit o fun.

    joevan, May 2, 2008
  8. Dutchman

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 2 May 2008 15:38:44 +0100, ded wrote:

    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> What does it upload when you disconnect?

    >What??
    >
    >To OP dutchman, you are using an XP box, you are probably
    >relying on the inadequate XP firewall, it only scans incoming
    >flows, it cannot scan anything that is outgoing.

    It's as complex and full featured as understanding flows?

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, May 2, 2008
  9. "Dutchman" <> wrote from

    > My meter

    The metric system is going to be
    end of civilization as we know it;
    look what it's already done to the
    Dutch peoples of Dutchganistan
    already.

    Can't you just get a "meter" that
    measures in foot/pounds or horse/power
    like everybody else in the free world?

    > shows something uploading (4 KB/s ) most
    > of the time inc when the computer is idle.

    "Meter, meter, quite contrary;
    how does your garten grow?"

    "With tinkerbells and cockleshells,
    and a big case of infectuous mad-cow disease."

    Big diff amongst 4 KB/s, 4 kb/s, .4*, .04
    etc...

    Anytime you have anything uploading/downloading
    you will see some proportionate and opposite
    activity because the whole deal works with
    packet "requests" and "acknowledgments"...

    Firewall infos could be relevant here..

    > I have checked all spywares etc.

    How are your spywares doing? Better
    watch out, because at 4 KB/S you
    culod upload your entire world to
    the internet in a billion or so years,
    whatever that is in the metric system.

    > Any ideas please Thanks

    You are probably uploading your entire
    life to the internet via Bill Gates'
    infamous hidden-monitor-cam... or not.

    My first idea is that all Dutch are
    retarded and should gag because they
    surrender to Nazis much too easily and
    smoke too much ganja and most have at
    least one prostitute in the family...
    But then my ideas turn to revolutionary
    super-secret meters and assholes who
    don't give up information, but want
    something for nothing in return, then
    my ideas go back to exterminating the
    Dutch, but when I get to the chemical
    solutions, I think of paint, and then
    I have somewhat of an appreciation of
    these Dutch, and then my ideas turn to
    the revolutionary super-secret meters and
    assholes who don't give up information...

    Uhhh ohhh, it's a loop...

    I have a small network, via a router.
    Every now and then... the machines,
    much like gossipy old ladies, and some
    of the s0ck-p00pettes in here, check in
    with each other to see if they're all
    connected, etc...

    Also, some ISP's [your WAN] use an ID
    protocol to keep you online and keep
    all their little retarded IP addresses
    in row... they do that by burping packets
    every so periodically, that a workstation
    with a "meter" may be "averaging"...

    Get yourself a freebie monitor oldie like
    Active Ports v1.4

    http://www.download.com/Active-Ports/3000-2085_4-10062969.html

    It's a stand-alone executable, but you can
    crate a fodler in Porgame Files, and then
    snde a srtohcut to yur dksetpo, and useit
    wen u ned ti.

    and then settle-down and learn to
    to post properly or join a club
    which is focused on computing - but
    beware - because even those sissies
    would kick your ass over such a st00pid
    post as yours is.

    Oh yeah, have a nice day. (*(^;

    --

    I *am* Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and *I* approve this message!

    Whereas, I can *NOT* tell a lie : *it* *was* *I*
    who put the "Bomp" in the "Bomp Bah Bomp Bah Bomp"
    then put the "Ram" in the "Rama Lama Ding Dong"
    and remain unabashedly unapologetic and unrepentant!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85DUPbkDXT0

    Bucky Breeder, May 2, 2008
  10. Dutchman

    Plato Guest

    Dutchman wrote:

    > My meter shows something uploading (4 KB/s ) most of the time inc when the
    > computer is idle. I have checked all spywares etc. Any ideas please

    You have some background apps set to send data automatically.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 6, 2008