    contains 300 too many more items for your unit". What's that problem?

    Thanks!
    , Nov 13, 2007

  2. ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was trying to upload the whole topo canada map to my 4gb micorsd
    > card in my gpsmap 60csx. But I always got a message "map selected
    > contains 300 too many more items for your unit". What's that problem?
    >
    > Thanks!

    You supply too little info, so based on your headers.
    It's doubtful your SD card can accept individual file size
    beyond a set limit, your sd card maybe 4gb but it won't
    accept a 4gb file, it will accept many smaller sized files
    upto the 4gb capacity.
    You appear to be using XP, only newer SD devices and
    only in Vista can an SD be formatted NTFS to accept
    upto a max individual file size of 2gb. But thats just a
    guess as to problem as too little info supplied in your post.

    This is the support site for your device
    http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support#
    Be aware the support section requires pop-up blocker to
    be temp disabled to view results.

    Your error message dosen't seem to be listed:
    "map selected contains 300 too many more items for your unit".
    So ensure you type the exact wording of error in the Search term box.
    ded, Nov 13, 2007