    time.then i have to uninstall sp2 .

    I am running AMD Athlon 64 processor,3500+ 2.21 GHz 1.00 Gb ram

    MS xpx64 edition version 2003 service pack 1
    =?Utf-8?B?SFJDZGV2aWxkb2c=?=, Aug 26, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SFJDZGV2aWxkb2c=?=

    Theo Guest

    You may need to do a Repair Install of your system and the
    apply SP2. Another option would be to Slipstream SP2 into
    the installation and update your system from within Windows
    or do a Repair Install with the Slipstreamed CD.

    Theo, Aug 26, 2007

  3. I am not going to question your choice of media, but you should use high
    quality discs - you might also want to try and burn your disc at really slow
    speed too?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2007
  4. "Tony Sperling" wrote:

    > I am not going to question your choice of media, but you should use high
    > quality discs - you might also want to try and burn your disc at really slow
    > speed too?
    >

    > Tony. . .

    I do now I learned my lesson the hard way and only use good quality disks
    and slow burn.
    thanks for the help
    DD

    =?Utf-8?B?SFJDZGV2aWxkb2c=?=, Aug 27, 2007
  5. The oem MS disk does not give me a repair option and will not let me
    overwrite the os that is on here.

    =?Utf-8?B?SFJDZGV2aWxkb2c=?=, Aug 27, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SFJDZGV2aWxkb2c=?=

    Theo Guest

    You went past the prompt to press F8 to accept the EULA and
    there was no option to repair the current installation after
    your drive(s) was/were shown?

    You are the 1st person to report this problem that I am
    aware of. I personally have performed the operation more
    than once.

    Theo, Aug 27, 2007