    with the computer. Upon reboot it loaded windows 2000 pro as the operating
    system.I have an xp license number sticker on the bottom of my computer but
    no disc. Is there any way to reconvert back to xp?
    lady in need of answers, Jul 21, 2008

  2. lady in need of answers

    kemp Guest

    My first question:

    Am I simply chasing after one of those colorful wigglers right now?

    Second question:

    Why didn't you load XP from the disk that came with your laptp in the first
    place?

    Solution:

    Pick up a copy of the 70-270 exam from MS press, after studying this manual
    take the 70-270 exam and the answer will magically become apparant to you.

    Thanks, I always like to help out a damsel in distress. :p

    Hello lady in need of answers,

    kemp, Jul 21, 2008

  3. You would need an OEM disk for Windows XP to install it on there. If the
    only disks you have are for Windows 2000, it doesn't sound good. You can
    contact the manufacturer to see about getting a replacement disk.

    --

    Dustin Harper

    Dustin Harper, Jul 21, 2008
  4. lady in need of answers

    FMFM Guest

    WELL KEMP AREN'T YOU HELPFULL
    I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST WAY TO AQUIRE AN XP DISC AS I TOO BOUGHT
    A COMPUTER WITH XP INSTALLED AND NO DISC

    FMFM, Aug 18, 2008
  5. lady in need of answers

    John R Guest

    "FMFM" <> wrote in message
    > WELL KEMP AREN'T YOU HELPFULL
    > I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST WAY TO AQUIRE AN XP DISC AS I TOO
    > BOUGHT
    > A COMPUTER WITH XP INSTALLED AND NO DISC

    Every new computer sold either comes with the CDs, or comes with a utility
    pre-installed so you can create the CDs yourself, or comes with a coupon to
    send to the manufacturer to have them shipped to you if you so desire them.
    Since you can't seem to figure out how to type without the caps lock, it's
    no wonder you can't seem to find the load CDs or the option to acquire them.
    Further, since you are asking this question in a certification newsgroup
    (and clearly, this has no reference to certification, thus Kemp's response),
    we must also assume that both you and the OP are, well, how can I put this
    without insulting you... I guess I can't.

    John R
    John R, Aug 18, 2008