    microsoft?

    Thank you in advance,
    Iuri

    Iuri, Jan 16, 2008

  2. You should get one from the university like you did the 32-bit dvd. It is
    likely a volume license edition and your product key would not work with a
    retail dvd.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 16, 2008

  3. Iuri

    Iuri Guest

    I tried but they dont know anything. It's not one cd-key for whole
    university. They gave me DVD. it has CD key on it. It says that its only
    legal for students and faculty. No resale, OEM or retail distribution. So, is
    there any way to get 64bit version from microsoft. I asked them what if I
    re-install vista on my computer (I mean using that DVD 2nd time), they told
    me that I have to contact Microsoft and renew my key. They told me that i am
    the owner of DVD now, and everything connected to it goes to microsoft. So
    its like im having some special edition that is not listed on microsofts web.

    Can anyone help with it?

    Iuri, Jan 16, 2008
  4. Iuri

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Contact Microsoft about getting the appropriate media. Have proof of
    purchase and eligibility available before you call.

    Proof of purchase can be: • PID Number/CD Key number
    • Copy of Invoice
    • Copy of CD Rom or Disk nr. 1
    • Copy of Certificate of Authenticity
    • Front Page of Manual
    • Copy of End-User License Agreement

    Nothing guaranteed but perhaps a place to start and get the required
    information.
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 16, 2008
  5. No. You are only entitled to the free 64-bit dvd if you have purchased a
    retail copy of Vista. If you need 64-bit Vista you may have to purchase a
    retail sku.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 16, 2008
  6. Hello Colin,
    Volume customer have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions available to them.
    However in this case since Luri has Windows Vista Ultimate, we know he is
    not running a volume licensed copy. Volume License media is only available
    in Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Enterprise Editions. There is
    not an option for Volume License for Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jan 17, 2008
  7. Iuri

    Mark Guest

    Since you have a valid disk (Vista Ultimate) and key...
    Go here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/2057/ordermedia/default.mspx

    Mark, Jan 17, 2008
  8. Iuri

    PvdG42 Guest

    "Iuri" <> wrote in message
    >I tried but they dont know anything. It's not one cd-key for whole
    > university. They gave me DVD. it has CD key on it. It says that its only
    > legal for students and faculty. No resale, OEM or retail distribution. So,
    > is
    > there any way to get 64bit version from microsoft. I asked them what if I
    > re-install vista on my computer (I mean using that DVD 2nd time), they
    > told
    > me that I have to contact Microsoft and renew my key. They told me that i
    > am
    > the owner of DVD now, and everything connected to it goes to microsoft. So
    > its like im having some special edition that is not listed on microsofts
    > web.
    >
    > Can anyone help with it?

    You're going to have to work your way up the chain of command at your
    university.
    The (non)information you're getting from "they" doesn't ring true, as I'm
    pretty sure your university's contract with Microsoft to allow software
    distribution to students does not have Microsoft providing support. You need
    to find somebody who is familiar with the details of the contract to see if
    64 bit versions of Vista are included or not. If they are not, a purchase
    will be your only option.

    PvdG42, Jan 17, 2008