    upgrade just fine as it is? I still have my win 98 full version cd if I
    need it.

    Bob K
    BobK, Jun 26, 2003

  2. BobK

    rifleman Guest

    In news:,
    BobK <> contemplated the little bit of fluff in
    his navel and typed:
    > I will be upgrading my system to XP Home ed. from Win 98SE. Is it
    > worth paying the extra $100.00 for the complete version or is the
    > $99.00 upgrade just fine as it is? I still have my win 98 full
    > version cd if I need it.
    >
    > Bob K

    The Upgrade CD contains EXACTLY the same software as the Full. As long as
    you have proof of a qualifying Upgrade (W98SE will do nicely) then don't
    bother with the full version.
    rifleman, Jun 26, 2003

  3. BobK

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... BobK said:

    > I will be upgrading my system to XP Home ed. from Win 98SE. Is it worth
    > paying the extra $100.00 for the complete version or is the $99.00
    > upgrade just fine as it is? I still have my win 98 full version cd if I
    > need it.
    >
    > Bob K

    Doesn't that depend on what whistles, bells and trimmings you get for the extra
    $100, and whether or not you find the need of those extras?
    Brian H¹©, Jun 26, 2003
  4. BobK

    Plato Guest

    BobK wrote:

    > I will be upgrading my system to XP Home ed. from Win 98SE. Is it worth
    > paying the extra $100.00 for the complete version or is the $99.00
    > upgrade just fine as it is? I still have my win 98 full version cd if I
    > need it.

    Same CD. Both are COMPLETE versions. The upgrade disk simply asks for
    proof of SE whilst installing.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 26, 2003
  5. BobK

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... rifleman said:

    > In news:66GKa.1266$,
    > Brian H¹© <> contemplated the little bit of fluff in his
    > navel and typed:
    >> Errrrr...erm... BobK said:
    >>
    >>> I will be upgrading my system to XP Home ed. from Win 98SE. Is it
    >>> worth paying the extra $100.00 for the complete version or is the
    >>> $99.00
    >>> upgrade just fine as it is? I still have my win 98 full version cd
    >>> if I need it.
    >>>
    >>> Bob K

    >> Doesn't that depend on what whistles, bells and trimmings you get for
    >> the extra $100, and whether or not you find the need of those extras?

    > No, the upgrade of each version has the same software as the full. The
    > "Extra bells and whistles" depend on whether you go for Home or Pro, not
    > Upgrade or Full version of either.

    I spotted that just after posting and seeing the other replies.
    Strange how there are 2 different prices for the exact same disc :-S :-S
    Brian H¹©, Jun 26, 2003
  6. BobK

    Baron Reeve Guest

    I considered the same thing but blew the 100 bucks at the local bar. I'm
    still using windows 98 first edition.

    Baron Reeve, Jun 26, 2003
  7. BobK

    Billh Guest

    As noted here you should buy the upgrade if you have a Win98SE disk. I will
    add that you can do a clean install with the upgrade disk as well it will
    ask you for your Win98 disk. I did my clean install of XP when it asked for
    the 98 disk I used a Win98 upgrade disk and it worked. Not even SE.

    Billh, Jun 27, 2003
  8. BobK

    Dan Edmonds Guest

    Re: Upgrading to XP from Windows 2000

    "Billh" <> wrote in message news:<3efbac02$0$25834$>...
    > As noted here you should buy the upgrade if you have a Win98SE disk. I will
    > add that you can do a clean install with the upgrade disk as well it will
    > ask you for your Win98 disk. I did my clean install of XP when it asked for
    > the 98 disk I used a Win98 upgrade disk and it worked. Not even SE.

    What about upgrading from Windows 2000? What's the deal there? Do you
    reckon it's worth it, mate? And if I do, should I go for XP Home or XP
    Pro?

    --
    Australia - The GREAT Southern Land
    Dan Edmonds, Jun 27, 2003
  9. BobK

    NEMISIES Guest

    Re: Upgrading to XP from Windows 2000

    On 26 Jun 2003 22:39:56 -0700, (Dan
    Edmonds) wrote:

    >"Billh" <> wrote in message news:<3efbac02$0$25834$>...
    >> As noted here you should buy the upgrade if you have a Win98SE disk. I will
    >> add that you can do a clean install with the upgrade disk as well it will
    >> ask you for your Win98 disk. I did my clean install of XP when it asked for
    >> the 98 disk I used a Win98 upgrade disk and it worked. Not even SE.

    >What about upgrading from Windows 2000? What's the deal there? Do you
    >reckon it's worth it, mate? And if I do, should I go for XP Home or XP
    >Pro?

    Well it better than Win 2000 ! As for the Difference between Home &
    Pro? A short CRACK !!

    (not Much )
    NEMISIES, Jun 27, 2003
  10. BobK

    Billh Guest

    Re: Upgrading to XP from Windows 2000

    I have just started to work with Windows 2000 at work and I have not spent
    much time with it to give a full report. My understanding is XP has a
    prettier face and should be more compatible with consumer level hardware and
    software. But if you did go to XP the Pro version will be more like W2k. In
    that you get the full use of the security and networking features. Home
    will limit you on those fronts. Pro will cost you more. But if you are a
    student or a teacher I saw on newegg.com an upgrade for under 90 US.

    Billh, Jun 28, 2003