    How smooth is the upgrade to the retail version from the Eval? Am I going to
    have to do a clean re-install, or will I be able to change my key from an
    Evaluation Key to a Retail Key?

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leQ==?=, Sep 26, 2005

  2. You can boot off the XP Pro x64 full version CD and during the text based
    setup option after the agreement, you should have the option to do a repair
    install.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2005

  3. "Andre Da Costa" wrote:

    > You can boot off the XP Pro x64 full version CD and during the text based
    > setup option after the agreement, you should have the option to do a repair
    > install.
    > --

    Great... so I can keep my drivers, programs and settings from the Evaulation
    version?

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leQ==?=, Sep 26, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Yes and remember what Andre said. You don't want the first repair option
    (which is repair using recovery console), you want the second one after the
    agreement

    John Barnes, Sep 26, 2005
  5. "Joey" <> wrote in message

    > Great... so I can keep my drivers, programs and settings from the

    Evaulation
    > version?

    It should work but why not do a backup first? It can't hurt anything and
    just might save you some time.

    David R. Norton, Sep 26, 2005
  6. "John Barnes" wrote:

    > Yes and remember what Andre said. You don't want the first repair option
    > (which is repair using recovery console), you want the second one after the
    > agreement
    >

    > "Joey" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
    > >
    > >> You can boot off the XP Pro x64 full version CD and during the text based
    > >> setup option after the agreement, you should have the option to do a
    > >> repair
    > >> install.
    > >> --

    > > Great... so I can keep my drivers, programs and settings from the
    > > Evaulation
    > > version?

    Thanks guys I really appreciate the help.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leQ==?=, Sep 26, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Great advice.

    John Barnes, Sep 26, 2005
  8. Very good advice.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 26, 2005