    70%.

    What would be the preferred way to make a more reliable setup that would be
    a lot less load and better redundancy and uptime incase of failure?
    David Hill, Nov 9, 2003

  2. David Hill

    Fred Newton Guest

    Invest in another 7200 series router and move two of the links to the second
    router. Run HSRP on the 7200s and you will have both router and link
    redundancy. Thanks.

    Fred Newton, Nov 9, 2003

  3. David Hill

    David Hill Guest

    What good would HSRP do? HSRP does not allow a single DS3 circuit to be
    attached to 2 routers at the same time...

    David Hill, Nov 10, 2003
  4. David Hill

    Fred Newton Guest

    If you provision 2 of the 4 uplinks on one router and the last 2 on a
    second router you can provide router redundancy (failover) usin HSRP. The
    BGP will take care of the routing on the WAN side. HSRP will take care of
    the HW on the LAN side.

    Fred Newton, Nov 11, 2003
  5. David Hill

    David Hill Guest

    Lets say our Sprint DS3 is plugged into router#1. Router#1 has a power
    failure and goes down. How can router#2 pickup the Sprint link if its
    plugged directly into router#1?

    David Hill, Nov 11, 2003
  6. David Hill

    PES Guest

    It doesn't have to pickup the link, there are three other links.

    PES, Nov 11, 2003
  7. David Hill

    Fred Newton Guest

    Actually 1 other link will go down as well when Router#1 fails but
    you still have the remaining 2 links on router#2. Maybe you also might
    consider RPS (redundant Power Supplies) for the 7200s as well. The more
    money you throw at it the more redundant you can make it. Also maybe look at
    diverse route entry into the building for the Local accesses and quite
    possibly having them on a self healing Sonet ring within the city.

    Fred Newton, Nov 12, 2003