    Professional. I ordered a lecture course and they say you need service pak 6
    to upgrade to XP professional. Does anyone know which is right? Thanks.
    Trish
    Trish, Sep 25, 2006

  2. Trish

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Trish,

    If you are talking about Windows NT 4.0 to Windows XP, then you need to have
    Service Pack 5 installed. Having said that it is the best practice when
    upgrading any operating system to first make sure that all service packs and
    subsequent patches. It is the old question of minimum versus recommended:
    Minimum will usually work, while recommended will always work better.

    Good luck!

    Montreal MCT, Sep 25, 2006

  3. Trish

    Trish Guest

    Thanks a bunch. Yes, I meant NT 4. Sorry for not making that clear.

    Trish, Sep 25, 2006