Upgrading, need help URGENTLY!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Stalker, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Stalker

    Stalker Guest

    Ok gurus and techies. I'm getting ready to upgrade and I can't seem to
    find the answers anywhere on the net so here I am depending on the
    faithful newsgroups for help. I'm upgrading and need to know what to
    get for a motherboard and memory. The catch is it has to come from the
    following web site:

    motherboards:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...00+cat01050+cat01068&type=category&navLevel=5

    memory:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...00+cat01000+cat01168&type=category&navLevel=4

    Now for the info. I'll be usuing an Intel P4 2.4ghz processor with 400
    FSB, ATI 9800 Pro 256 DDR Ram graphics card, Audigy sound card and
    Windows XP Home. This is extremely important to me and I have no idea
    how to piece this together since everything has changed since the
    Intel P3 1ghz days. If you can suggest other sites to learn about the
    different DDR Rams (PC3500, PC3200, etc.) and motherboards explaining
    the FSB that would be helpful. BIG thank you to all who's willing to
    help out. If more info is needed, please let me know and I'll post it
    immediantly!

    Stalker, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Stalker

    mark mandell Guest

    "Stalker" <> wrote in message
    > Ok gurus and techies. I'm getting ready to upgrade and I can't seem to
    > find the answers anywhere on the net so here I am depending on the
    > faithful newsgroups for help. I'm upgrading and need to know what to
    > get for a motherboard and memory. The catch is it has to come from the
    > following web site:
    >
    > motherboards:

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...00+cat01050+cat01068&type=category&navLevel=5

    > memory:

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...00+cat01000+cat01168&type=category&navLevel=4

    > Now for the info. I'll be usuing an Intel P4 2.4ghz processor with 400
    > FSB, ATI 9800 Pro 256 DDR Ram graphics card, Audigy sound card and
    > Windows XP Home. This is extremely important to me and I have no idea
    > how to piece this together since everything has changed since the
    > Intel P3 1ghz days. If you can suggest other sites to learn about the
    > different DDR Rams (PC3500, PC3200, etc.) and motherboards explaining
    > the FSB that would be helpful. BIG thank you to all who's willing to
    > help out. If more info is needed, please let me know and I'll post it
    > immediantly!

    Check out this website for possible assistance:

    www.mysuperpc.com/computer/assembly/pc

    mark mandell, Oct 19, 2003

  3. well personally I LOVE A ASUS BOARD its the best it will support
    everything you suggest.it supports 400/533 fsb supports up to 2 gb of ddr
    when you are ready to upgrade has 1 agp slot 6 pci slots and 6 usb 2.0 How
    can you go wrong with an asus board.

    "Stalker" <> wrote in message
    > Ok gurus and techies. I'm getting ready to upgrade and I can't seem to
    > find the answers anywhere on the net so here I am depending on the
    > faithful newsgroups for help. I'm upgrading and need to know what to
    > get for a motherboard and memory. The catch is it has to come from the
    > following web site:
    >
    > motherboards:

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat01071&navHistory=cat00000+ca
    t01000%2Bcat01050%2Bcat01068&type=category&navLevel=5

    > memory:

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat01169&navHistory=cat00000+ca
    t01000%2Bcat01168&type=category&navLevel=4

    RICHARD reason, Oct 19, 2003