    Microsoft would provide an invalid key for installation.

    Greetings,
    Daniel
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9yUGVkbw==?=, Apr 18, 2007

  2. See my blog posts on upgrades. Covers the options and what they mean.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 18, 2007

  3. Thank you for your quick response.
    To be sure, that it is not related to an update issue from the trial
    version, I installed VMware and tried to make a "clean" installation of the
    64Bit Student version. I get the same "invalid cd-key" error. It seems to be
    a problem with the key itself. Is it possible that Microsoft provided an
    invalid key to me?
    Does anyone know a program to check a key for it's validity (except the
    WinXP setup program of course)?

    Greetings,
    Daniel

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9yUGVkbw==?=, Apr 18, 2007
  4. It is certainly possible it's an invalid key, though I've never personally
    had one. I'd suggest you contact your source for the key to determine if
    that's the cause.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 18, 2007
  5. Hi, Daniel:
    Just a shot in the dark but..
    Are you not mistyping zeros "0" instead of the letter "O" and/or viceversa?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 18, 2007
  6. Hi Carlos.

    No, the key contains no "O" or "0". I believe Windows keys never contain
    these. I even tried to copy and paste the key from the website. Still the
    same result.

    Greetings,
    Daniel

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9yUGVkbw==?=, Apr 18, 2007
  7. Okay, I just called the MSDN-AA support, which told me (like you) that I have
    to contact the administrator of my university. They also said, that it may be
    possible that an invalid cd-key has been entered by our admin.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9yUGVkbw==?=, Apr 19, 2007
  8. It works now!!!

    I received a new key from our MSDN-AA administrator, which works now!

    Strange enough that Microsoft seems to have handed out an invalid key...

    Greetings and thanks to all who tried to help me,
    Daniel
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9yUGVkbw==?=, Apr 19, 2007
  9. Certainly possible. Good luck!

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 20, 2007