Upgrading HDD...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gordon, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    zZz wrote:
    || Hi,
    || Is there a way to transfer an existing OS to a new HDD without
    || loosing data and being able to boot?
    || I bought a bigger HDD want to transfer to it my old data
    || Thanks

    Norton Ghost or some other imaging application

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    zZz, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Gordon

    zZz Guest

    Thanks Gordon!!!

    zZz, Mar 18, 2005
  4. Gordon

    carson Guest

    "zZz" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Is there a way to transfer an existing OS to a new HDD without loosing
    > data and being able to boot?
    > I bought a bigger HDD want to transfer to it my old data
    >
    > Thanks

    Your new drive should have come with a disk to do just this.
    if not go to the manufactures web site and download the copy utility

    carson, Mar 18, 2005
  5. Gordon

    Plato Guest

    zZz wrote:

    > Is there a way to transfer an existing OS to a new HDD without loosing
    > data and being able to boot?
    > I bought a bigger HDD want to transfer to it my old data

    Lots of ways. One is using Ghost, properly.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 18, 2005
  6. Gordon