    memory to the server use it as a application server as well. Any issues in
    upgrading to x64 from x32 or do I have to do a full reinstall of the OS? Any
    help would be appreciated as I have not used the x64 version of 2003 server.

    clucas009, Feb 8, 2008

  2. clucas009

    Peter Lawton Guest

    Full re-install I'm afraid, MS doesn't provide an upgrade path from 32bit to
    64bit OS

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Feb 8, 2008

  3. clucas009

    clucas009 Guest

    I guess there is no utility that will capture all my settings\configuration
    so that after the install of the 64bit OS I can just restore my settings?

    clucas009, Feb 8, 2008
  4. clucas009

    Peter Lawton Guest

    Not that I know of unfortunately, especially as it's a DC.

    The best way would probably be to build a temporary DC to hold your AD while
    you re-build the original server, you'd also have to transfer the operations
    master roles over to the temporary server and back again afterwards.

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Feb 8, 2008
  5. clucas009

    xnovassx

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Moving from x32 to x64

    Hi Guys,

    Newbie here, so please don't cut my throat out..... :damnmate:

    I currently have an HP ML570 G4 Server running Windows Server 2K3 Standard R2 x32. The machine came with software preloaded from vendor.

    My question is, what are my options to migrate from x32 to x64???? Is there an upgrade I can perform? I don't have to go out and spend $750 on new software do I?

    Reason for upgrade is that I need more than 4Gigs of RAM.

    Thank You In Advance!

    Nick

    xnovassx, Mar 26, 2009