    Please kindly guide me... and thanks a lot.

    Regards,
    Sb

    =?Utf-8?B?c2I=?=, Oct 11, 2005

  2. "sb" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am thinking of upgrading my Windows XP Home Edition to Windows XP
    > Professional because I need to install Visual Studio.net, SQL Server 2000
    > and
    > running IIS service.
    >
    > My question is how do i install Windows XP Professional successfully. Do
    > need to uninstall Home Edition or just have to run XP installation to
    > overwrite Home Edition?
    >
    > Is there any microsoft site that shows step by step installation from Home
    > Edition to Professional?
    >
    > Please kindly guide me... and thanks a lot.

    If you are thinking of upgrading to the x64 (64-bit) version of Windows XP
    Professional - then you cannot. There is no upgrade path you have to do a
    complete reinstall.

    However given the nature of your question I suspect you are not talking
    about the 64-bit version in which case you have posted to the wrong
    newsgroup.
    Please repost to microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --