    How can I tell if my system doesn't already have a Celeron D (vs. a
    plain old Celeron)?

    Thanks...

    Rudy Lopez, Apr 5, 2005

  2. Rudy Lopez

    POPS Guest

    I upgraded from a " PIII Celeron 733Mhz", if you want to call it that and
    it was worth every penny. Its not a P4, but the increase in resources and
    power really does make a difference. This is what I have: "Intel Celeron D
    340 2.93Ghz / 256K Cache / 533 FSB / Socket 478 / Processor". I am very
    happy with it. Depending on what mother board you have and when you
    purchased your processor it should be easy to tell what type of processor
    you have. You can watch the bootup process or look at the system
    configuration, if you have windows, and you should have no problem. Check
    Newegg for the latest deals.

    POPS, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Rudy Lopez

    Mark Guest

    Go for 64 bit processing if you can afford a new board and chip.

    Mark, Apr 6, 2005
  4. Rudy Lopez

    Rudy Lopez Guest

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:52:26 -0400, "Mark" <> wrote:

    >Go for 64 bit processing if you can afford a new board and chip.

    I really don't want to have to get a new motherboard, CPU and faster
    memory all at once.

    But I do think the chip in my desktop is a dog. My laptop running at
    1.6 GHz puts the 2.6 GHz desktop to shame judging by the benchmark in
    Fritz 8 (a chess program).

    Rudy Lopez, Apr 6, 2005