    Current Software version on Sipura site: 3.1.10

    --
    Thomas Sandford

    Thomas Sandford, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Thomas Sandford

    Tim Guest

    Peter Gradwell wrote:

    > no. v3 firmware is much better

    Agreed.

    In particular the SPA-3000 will work like a proper SIP gateway
    - with no registration
    - It won't answer the PSTN until the SIP OK comes back.

    Tim

    Tim, Jul 11, 2006

  3. Thomas Sandford wrote:
    > I have a Sipura SPA3000, still running its original firmware. Is there any
    > compelling reason _not_ to upgrade it to the latest version on the Sipura
    > Website?
    >
    > Hardware version: 2.0.1(0875)
    > Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
    >
    > Current Software version on Sipura site: 3.1.10

    no. v3 firmware is much better

    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Jul 11, 2006
  4. Thomas Sandford

    Lee Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Peter Gradwell wrote:
    >>
    >> no. v3 firmware is much better
    >>

    > Agreed.
    >
    > In particular the SPA-3000 will work like a proper SIP gateway
    > - with no registration
    > - It won't answer the PSTN until the SIP OK comes back.

    A Ha!
    Thank you.
    So, an SPA-3000 purchased a long time ago with 2.x series firmware will
    "make the leap" to 3.x? No hardware differences?

    Lee, Jul 11, 2006
  5. Thomas Sandford

    paul hayes Guest

    Lee wrote:
    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> Peter Gradwell wrote:
    >>> no. v3 firmware is much better
    >>>

    >> Agreed.
    >>
    >> In particular the SPA-3000 will work like a proper SIP gateway
    >> - with no registration
    >> - It won't answer the PSTN until the SIP OK comes back.

    > A Ha!
    > Thank you.
    > So, an SPA-3000 purchased a long time ago with 2.x series firmware will
    > "make the leap" to 3.x? No hardware differences?

    Yes, any SPA3000 will work with version 3+ firmware.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    paul hayes, Jul 11, 2006
  6. Thomas Sandford

    Lee Guest

    "paul hayes" <> wrote in message
    > Lee wrote:
    >> "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Agreed.
    >>>
    >>> In particular the SPA-3000 will work like a proper SIP gateway
    >>> - with no registration
    >>> - It won't answer the PSTN until the SIP OK comes back.

    >> A Ha!
    >> Thank you.
    >> So, an SPA-3000 purchased a long time ago with 2.x series firmware will
    >> "make the leap" to 3.x? No hardware differences?

    > Yes, any SPA3000 will work with version 3+ firmware.

    Many thanks.

    Lee, Jul 11, 2006
  7. "Lee" <> wrote in message
    > "paul hayes" <> wrote in message

    >>> A Ha!
    >>> Thank you.
    >>> So, an SPA-3000 purchased a long time ago with 2.x series firmware will
    >>> "make the leap" to 3.x? No hardware differences?

    >> Yes, any SPA3000 will work with version 3+ firmware.

    > Many thanks.

    And thanks too from the OP to all the posters to this thread.

    --
    Thomas Sandford

    Thomas Sandford, Jul 11, 2006
  8. Thomas Sandford

    Lee Guest

    "Thomas Sandford" <${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "Lee" <> wrote in message
    >> "paul hayes" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Yes, any SPA3000 will work with version 3+ firmware.

    >> Many thanks.

    > And thanks too from the OP to all the posters to this thread.

    Many thanks from me to the OP for the original post that triggered
    clarification of something that has been bugging me for a couple of years.
    :)

    Lee, Jul 12, 2006
  9. Thomas Sandford

    Boonie... Guest

    "Thomas Sandford" <${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    >I have a Sipura SPA3000, still running its original firmware. Is there any
    >compelling reason _not_ to upgrade it to the latest version on the Sipura
    >Website?
    >
    > Hardware version: 2.0.1(0875)
    > Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
    >
    > Current Software version on Sipura site: 3.1.10

    Thanks to all. I had the same question and upgraded succesfully just a few
    minutes ago.

    Boonie

    Boonie..., Jul 13, 2006