    issues that this installs? or are the straight codecs okay?

    Pls advise and thanks. Hopefully will be able to play that AVI file.

    Thanks.
    Logan263, Oct 13, 2003

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/3/c/73cc71c0-13d9-4274-8d9c-33d8a528a396/dxwebsetup.exe.

    > Was wondering, though, if there were issues with directX 9 and Win98SE
    > and what to do to avoid them? Also, are directX 9 codecs dangerous in
    > any way (spyware, etc.) the way WMP9 is? Any DRM, or spyware or other
    > issues that this installs? or are the straight codecs okay?
    >
    > Pls advise and thanks. Hopefully will be able to play that AVI file.

    Don't know about spyware, but I have thus far had no issues with dx9 here.
    ominousspiritous, Oct 13, 2003

  3. >Was wondering, though, if there were issues with directX 9 and Win98SE
    >and what to do to avoid them? Also, are directX 9 codecs dangerous in
    >any way (spyware, etc.) the way WMP9 is?

    DirectX9 isn't really like Windows Media Player. There should not be any
    problems with downloading DX9 on your machine.

    The only problem I forsee is that your graphics card may not fully support DX9
    unless you have a later model ATi Radeon or an nVidia GeForce FX card. -
    Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 13, 2003