    Is this posible??? can u put a motherboard from a desktop into a tower
    successfully....

    Jax
    jackie, Jan 25, 2004

  2. jackie

    docmill Guest

    "jackie" <> wrote in
    news:ZuIQb.26732$:

    > This is one of those stupid questions that u will probably shake ur
    > heads at but....
    >
    > My son has a Dell Optiplex computer which is now networked to mine. He
    > wants to rebuild his sytem into a tower with as many upgrades as he
    > can afford...
    >
    > Is this posible??? can u put a motherboard from a desktop into a tower
    > successfully....
    >
    > Jax

    As long as the new case conforms to the MB form factor, micro, baby, or
    whatever you have.
    Or you could set the desktop on it's side.

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    docmill, Jan 25, 2004

  3. jackie

    jackie Guest

    "docmill" <> wrote in message
    > "jackie" <> wrote in
    >
    > > This is one of those stupid questions that u will probably shake ur
    > > heads at but....
    > >
    > > My son has a Dell Optiplex computer which is now networked to mine. He
    > > wants to rebuild his sytem into a tower with as many upgrades as he
    > > can afford...
    > >
    > > Is this posible??? can u put a motherboard from a desktop into a tower
    > > successfully....
    > >
    > > Jax
    > >

    > As long as the new case conforms to the MB form factor, micro, baby, or
    > whatever you have.
    > Or you could set the desktop on it's side.
    >
    > --
    > +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    > docmill's Home Of HotLinks In The Frying SPAM

    Your going to need to be patient here..... what is a form factor and if it
    has to do with the motherboards requirements how do i find them out....

    Jackie
    jackie, Jan 25, 2004
  4. jackie

    ICee Guest

    jackie wrote:
    > "docmill" <> wrote in message
    >> "jackie" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> This is one of those stupid questions that u will probably shake ur
    >>> heads at but....
    >>>
    >>> My son has a Dell Optiplex computer which is now networked to mine.
    >>> He wants to rebuild his sytem into a tower with as many upgrades as
    >>> he can afford...
    >>>
    >>> Is this posible??? can u put a motherboard from a desktop into a
    >>> tower successfully....
    >>>
    >>> Jax
    >>>

    >> As long as the new case conforms to the MB form factor, micro, baby,
    >> or whatever you have.
    >> Or you could set the desktop on it's side.
    >>
    >> --
    >> +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    >> docmill's Home Of HotLinks In The Frying SPAM

    > Your going to need to be patient here..... what is a form factor and
    > if it has to do with the motherboards requirements how do i find them
    > out....
    >
    > Jackie

    The best thing to do is get the PDF (Adobe Acrobat) ATX specification
    document. Look at pages 6,9, and 11.

    ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/atx_201.pdf

    --
    "Infinity is just so big that by comparison,
    bigness itself looks really titchy."
    ICee, Jan 25, 2004
  5. jackie

    docmill Guest

    "jackie" <> wrote in

    > Your going to need to be patient here..... what is a form factor and
    > if it has to do with the motherboards requirements how do i find them
    > out....
    >
    > Jackie

    Start with the Dell Optiplex model that you have. If you could provide
    that, you might get help on a case and what you could upgrade the rest of
    it to.

    --
    docmill, Jan 25, 2004