    uploaded code ? (i.e. in a similair manner as using the boot system
    flash:xxxx.bin command)

    Thoughts ?

    fonzii, May 25, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    fonzii <> wrote:
    :I have a 3 member stack, which I'd like to upgrade code to each of the
    :switches in the near future.

    :What is the correct way to approach this ?

    Update to the master. The master will update the others
    [if I recall correctly.] The master ensures that all the versions
    are in sync.

    Note: when I reviewed the relevant documents a number of months ago,
    if the master was EMI, it would update any SMI clients to EMI:
    the administrator is responsible for ensuring that any such update
    falls within the license/contract terms [i.e., you've paid for
    the upgrade.]

    :Details on the following would be great:
    :1. TFTP-ing code is simple. How would I point the a slave to use newly
    :uploaded code ?

    Automatic as I recall.
    --
    Any sufficiently old bug becomes a feature.

    Walter Roberson, May 26, 2005