    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers.
    , Apr 27, 2005

  2. Guest

    I haven't upgraded using just the bin file - but it should work the
    same... You only have to copy the software to switchA (Master). It is
    responsible for automatically upgrading the other switches in that
    stack.

    I think somewhere down the line when trying to manually copy the
    software to both switches - something got confused...

    fyi - You can use the .tar file and disable the web interface portion
    by using 'no ip http-server' in your configuration

    -----------------------------
    Scott
    www.scottp.net
    Home of the Network Engineering Podcast
    , Apr 27, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks Scott!

    Yes, I was expecting the Master Switch to auto upgrade the 2nd switch
    after the reboot but it didn't. The tar file includes the CMS which I
    feel it is a waste of Flash space if I not going to use it. And also if
    I use a tar file, I can't possibly keep both old and new versions since
    the flash size is only 16MB.
    I believe there should be a way to upgrade it using the binary file
    since it is available in the CCO for download.

    Anyway, thanks again for your help!
    , Apr 27, 2005
  4. adamsr1

    Joined:
    May 8, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    using bin file to upgrade 3750 stack

    telnet or console into the main 3750 and session into number 2(upgrade) exit then session 3 (upgrade) etc.....
    example:
    ciscoswitch#session 2
    ciscoswitch-2#

    does that make sense?