    installations were clean installs, making the previous os irrelevant (?).

    Any insight is greatly appreciated.

    Any

    =?Utf-8?B?c21hdGhld3M=?=, Jul 14, 2007

  2. That's old information, I'm afraid. Written during the period when there was
    a free exchange for XP x64 from XP Professional (32-bit). That offer is long
    gone, so the information is no longer relevant. You need to buy a new copy
    of XP x64, and you need to do a clean, fresh install.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 14, 2007