    I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces me
    to use the Yahoo browser.

    TIA
    L.Evans, Sep 26, 2004

  2. L.Evans

    Old Gringo Guest

    L.Evans wrote:
    > Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard drive.
    > Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from Outlook Express.
    > Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via news.prodigy.net.
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces me
    > to use the Yahoo browser.
    >
    > TIA

    they are listed: news.(city).sbcglobal.net

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Sep 26, 2004

  3. L.Evans

    Old Gringo Guest

    L.Evans wrote:
    > Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard drive.
    > Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from Outlook Express.
    > Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via news.prodigy.net.
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces me
    > to use the Yahoo browser.
    >
    > TIA

    select from here:
    Area

    NNTP Server

    NNTP UserID

    NNTP UserID
    Legacy members

    Pacific Bell/Nevada Bell Regions:

    San Francisco

    news.sf.sbcglobal.net

    Los Angeles

    news.la.sbcglobal.net

    Nevada Bell

    news.sf.sbcglobal.net

    Southwestern Bell Region:

    Dallas

    news.dallas.sbcglobal.net

    Houston

    news.houston.sbcglobal.net

    Kansas City

    news.kc.sbcglobal.net

    Ameritech Region:

    Akron, OH

    news.akr.sbcglobal.net

    Appleton, WI

    news.app.sbcglobal.net

    Champaign, IL

    news.cha.sbcglobal.net

    Chicago, IL

    news.chi.sbcglobal.net

    Cleveland, OH

    news.cle.sbcglobal.net

    Columbus, OH

    news.col.sbcglobal.net

    Dayton, OH

    news.day.sbcglobal.net

    Detroit, MI

    news.det.sbcglobal.net

    Grand Rapids/
    Kalamazoo, MI

    news.kal.sbcglobal.net

    Indianapolis, IN

    news.ind.sbcglobal.net

    Lansing, MI

    news.lan.sbcglobal.net

    Milwaukee, WI

    news.mil.sbcglobal.net

    Peoria, IL

    news.peo.sbcglobal.net

    Rockford, IL

    news.roc.sbcglobal.net

    Saginaw, MI

    news.sgn.sbcglobal.net

    Springfield, IL

    news.spf.sbcglobal.net

    Toledo, OH

    news.tol.sbcglobal.net

    Youngstown, OH

    news.ynt.sbcglobal.net

    Old Gringo, Sep 26, 2004
  4. L.Evans

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > L.Evans wrote:
    >
    >> Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard
    >> drive. Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from
    >> Outlook Express. Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via
    >> news.prodigy.net.
    >>
    >> Suggestions?
    >>
    >> I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade
    >> forces me to use the Yahoo browser.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > they are listed: news.(city).sbcglobal.net

    You are not forced to use the Yahoo browser. when you come to the
    check off list just un check everything. It will install the
    necessary components and you can continue to use your regular browser.

    Old Gringo, Sep 26, 2004
  5. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sun,
    26 Sep 2004 20:53:27 GMT, "L.Evans" <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    >Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard drive.
    >Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from Outlook Express.
    >Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via news.prodigy.net.
    >
    >Suggestions?

    Have you tried talking to their so called tech support?

    >I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces me
    >to use the Yahoo browser.

    So you have two computers connected up. So do they go through some
    kind of router or are you paying them for two addresses? What
    operating system(s) are you using? Windows XP has PPPOE
    included as its protocols but W9X, ME and W2k do not. You don't have
    to use the SBC bullshit if you can manually configure the PC for
    PPPOE.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Sep 26, 2004
  6. L.Evans

    Bob Guest

    "L.Evans" <> wrote in message
    > Upgraded to SBC/Yahoo from Prodigy after computer A crashed a hard drive.
    > Now computer B (not upgraded) will not retrieve e-mail from Outlook

    Express.
    > Now computer A can not find these newsgroups via news.prodigy.net.
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > I don't wish to upgrade computer B as I don't like how the upgrade forces

    me
    > to use the Yahoo browser.
    >
    > TIA

    You don't need to use the Yahoo browser. On computer A, go to control
    panel, Add/Remove programs. Select Yahoo applications, Change/ Remove and
    change whatever. In control panel, Internet options, Programs you can get
    IE to default.

    Cheers
    Bob, Sep 27, 2004