    as installed successfull twice in my history now.
    What should I do?

    Bob K
    BobK, Aug 20, 2003

  2. BobK

    Sebby Guest

    BobK wrote:

    > I upgraded from 98 SE to XP and immediately began to apply the critical
    > updates using the windows update feature. It showed 15 critical
    > updates, all of which I installed. Now if I go back to the update it
    > still lists one. It is the MS03-026 which addresses the Blaster, Nachi,
    > etc... worm. If I look at the history section, it shows it was
    > installed successfully, but it still shows up as an available update.
    > Does this mean it hasn't been applied as the history shows? I tried to
    > install it again and it still shows as an available update and shows up
    > as installed successfull twice in my history now.
    > What should I do?

    Try installing it manually, then reboot the computer, and it should no
    longer appear on Windows Update.

    Here's a direct link:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...e-b7a52a983f01/WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe.
    Sebby, Aug 20, 2003

  3. BobK

    KillingJoke Guest

    "BobK" <> wrote in message
    | I upgraded from 98 SE to XP and immediately began to apply the critical
    | updates using the windows update feature. It showed 15 critical
    | updates, all of which I installed. Now if I go back to the update it
    | still lists one. It is the MS03-026 which addresses the Blaster, Nachi,
    | etc... worm. If I look at the history section, it shows it was
    | installed successfully, but it still shows up as an available update.
    | Does this mean it hasn't been applied as the history shows? I tried to
    | install it again and it still shows as an available update and shows up
    | as installed successfull twice in my history now.
    | What should I do?
    |
    | Bob K

    I got exactly the same symptoms - I'm just assuming it's installed as the
    history lists it as being so a few times now.

    Kj
    KillingJoke, Aug 20, 2003