    Thx in advance
    --
    MCSA

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=, Jul 25, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Lemon wrote:
    > without going anywhere near a test centre I received a
    > congratualtions email and looking at my transcript I have now been been
    > awarded MCSE 2000.

    Oh, that usually happens when you get abducted by aliens, and they
    perform all sorts of "tests" upon you, some of which include the MCSE
    tests. At the end of the ordeal, you end up only with a transcript of
    your MCSE status and no memory whatsoever of what happened.

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    MCNGP #LIV (LIVelier than Windows Live !)

    Cerebrus, Jul 25, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    BD Guest

    << While I was at work, Cerebrus spurted out:
    > Lemon wrote:
    >> without going anywhere near a test centre I received a
    >> congratualtions email and looking at my transcript I have now been
    >> been awarded MCSE 2000.

    > Oh, that usually happens when you get abducted by aliens, and they
    > perform all sorts of "tests" upon you, some of which include the MCSE
    > tests. At the end of the ordeal, you end up only with a transcript of
    > your MCSE status and no memory whatsoever of what happened.
    >
    > ----------
    > Cerebrus.
    > MCNGP #LIV (LIVelier than Windows Live !)

    Man, I was about to FRY this guy!! His original post didn't come through on my
    computer for some reason, so all I saw was your snipped version. Good thing I
    checked out GG for the original.
    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51

    BD, Jul 25, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Lemon <> rambled:

    > Hi, Mysteriously I have been upgraded to MCSE 2000, I became MCSA
    > 2000 in 2002 and without going anywhere near a test centre I received
    > a congratualtions email and looking at my transcript I have now been
    > been awarded MCSE 2000.
    >
    > MS reginal support centre just said oh its a bug!!!!! well i want to
    > upgrade to 2003 now and I do not want to make an incorrect choice on
    > exams based on the wrong cert being displayed on my transcript (my
    > cert planner says I am MCSE too)
    >
    > Has anyone esle had this, have they resolved it and how?
    >
    > Thx in advance

    Seems there's been a rash of phantom cert upgrades lately. Probably is a
    bug, and once they figure out what's causing it, you'll be MCSA again. But
    do call MS or shoot an email to to figure out exactly
    what to do.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    When a girl walks in with a itty bitty waist and a round thing in your
    face, you get www.mcngp.com.

    Briscobar, Jul 25, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    kpg Guest

    As Briscobar once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Seems there's been a rash of phantom cert upgrades lately.

    I'd better go check my cert status -

    I might be due for a raise!

    kpg

    kpg, Jul 25, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Cerebrus" <> say in

    > Oh, that usually happens when you get abducted by aliens, and they
    > perform all sorts of "tests" upon you, some of which include the MCSE
    > tests. At the end of the ordeal, you end up only with a transcript of
    > your MCSE status and no memory whatsoever of what happened.

    ok, let me get this straight. You are from India? Not Indiana? That level
    of sarcasm is usually restricted to North America. DUDE! I'M IMPRESSED!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I used to be inept but, with practice, I became ept.

    Neil, Jul 25, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Thus spake Neil :

    > ok, let me get this straight. You are from India? Not Indiana? That level
    > of sarcasm is usually restricted to North America. DUDE! I'M IMPRESSED!

    Sir, Ah kin only quote you :

    - I used to be inept but, with practice, I became ept.

    ;-)

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    MCNGP #LIV (LIVen up your sex life !)

    Cerebrus, Jul 25, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:12:33 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:

    > ok, let me get this straight. You are from India? Not Indiana?

    *slaps forehead*

    Oh! He's from _INDIANA_!!!

    Well, that's different.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jul 25, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:17:26 -0700, Cerebrus cast into the ether:

    > - I used to be inept but, with practice, I became ept.

    I want to remain alert! There can never be too many lerts.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Jul 25, 2006
  10. Cheers just to let you know for the benifit of others in the same situation i
    today received an email from MS see below:

    MCSE on Windows 2000 Server Credential: Correction
    Dear customer,

    As you may be aware, Microsoft erroneously awarded you the MCSE on Windows
    2000 Server credential, even though you have not passed all of the required
    exams. This error was caused by a problem in our certification database,
    which momentarily "double counted" one of your exams as both a required exam
    and an elective exam.

    In resolving this issue, Microsoft Learning is committed to two things:
    1. Upholding the industry-recognized value of the MCSE credential.
    2. Limiting any further inconvenience to you, a customer who has shown
    great commitment to date in passing six of seven required exams for this
    credential.

    Therefore we will not withdraw the certification and materials you have been
    awarded, but we ask that you pass your remaining elective exam within one
    year to fully complete the MCSE on Windows 2000 Server track. To help you
    with that, we'd like to offer you a free exam voucher for your remaining
    exam.

    If you do not complete the full track prior to June 30, 2007, we will
    correct your transcript by removing the credential. We trust that you will
    respect this step as a necessary measure in upholding the high standards of
    the Microsoft Certification community--certified professionals and employers
    alike.

    This notice supersedes any previous communication from your Regional Service
    Center (RSC) about this issue. Please contact your RSC at your earliest
    convenience to receive your free exam voucher and get answers to your
    questions.

    Please accept our sincere apologies for the confusion caused by our error,
    and thank you for respecting our efforts to maintain the value of your hard
    work and the good name of Microsoft Certification.

    Regards,
    Microsoft Learning

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=, Jul 26, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Lemon wrote:
    > Cheers just to let you know for the benifit of others in the same situation i
    > today received an email from MS see below:

    > email snipped.

    You lucky thing, you ! Darn, why can't they do the same mistake with
    the MCSD cert and upgrade me to MCPD:EAD !!

    Grrr...

    Cerebrus, Jul 26, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Lemon <> rambled:

    <snip>

    Hmm...I don't know how much I like that. They know for sure that you're
    short an exam, yet they still gave you your MCSE? Where does that stop? I'm
    4 short, will they give it to me, if I can pass the exams within a year? I
    have no problem with the voucher - in fact, I think it's the perfect
    solution to the problem. I think it's going overboard, and doing nothing to
    help along the certification process, to grant you MCSE status that you
    clearly have not acheived.

    Regardless, take the exam within a year, and good luck.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    You can check out Kat's hawt pics...er, pic...at www.mcngp.com.

    Briscobar, Jul 26, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:17:26 -0700, Cerebrus cast into the ether:
    >
    >> - I used to be inept but, with practice, I became ept.

    > I want to remain alert! There can never be too many lerts.

    POKER?!?!?! I hardly know her?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Why am I still up? I should be ASLEEP! Just one more...

    Neil, Jul 26, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:12:33 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:
    >
    >> ok, let me get this straight. You are from India? Not Indiana?

    > *slaps forehead*
    >
    > Oh! He's from _INDIANA_!!!
    >
    > Well, that's different.

    eventually all of the jobs from the Asian sub-continent will be out-
    sourced to Indiana

    Neil, Jul 26, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Cerebrus" <> say in

    > You lucky thing, you ! Darn, why can't they do the same mistake with
    > the MCSD cert and upgrade me to MCPD:EAD !!

    or my MCDBA to MCITP:DBA

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be
    hard to understand.

    Neil, Jul 26, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    > did you hear JaR <> say in
    >
    >> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:17:26 -0700, Cerebrus cast into the ether:
    >>
    >>> - I used to be inept but, with practice, I became ept.

    >> I want to remain alert! There can never be too many lerts.

    > POKER?!?!?! I hardly know her?

    And of course, the timeless classic:

    Rectum? Hell, it damn near killed him!

    --
    Fris "My Dixie Wrecked!" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!

    http://www.mcngp.com

    Frisbee®, Jul 26, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    > did you hear JaR <> say in
    >
    >> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:12:33 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:
    >>
    >>> ok, let me get this straight. You are from India? Not Indiana?

    >> *slaps forehead*
    >>
    >> Oh! He's from _INDIANA_!!!
    >>
    >> Well, that's different.

    > eventually all of the jobs from the Asian sub-continent will be out-
    > sourced to Indiana

    All my ex's live in Indiana.

    I wrote a song about it once, but it just never caught on.

    Frisbee®, Jul 26, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    > did you hear "Cerebrus" <> say in
    >

    >> You lucky thing, you ! Darn, why can't they do the same mistake with
    >> the MCSD cert and upgrade me to MCPD:EAD !!
    >>

    > or my MCDBA to MCITP:DBA

    You did get your MCT:MCNGP, right?

    Frisbee®, Jul 26, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    kpg Guest

    As Briscobar once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Hmm...I don't know how much I like that. They know for sure that
    > you're short an exam, yet they still gave you your MCSE?

    It's the programmers - it's eaisier to give a voucher and hope the
    applicant makes the database correct rather than fixing the database.

    Stupid lazy programmers.

    kpg, Jul 26, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?TGVtb24=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:10:56 -0400, Briscobar cast into the ether:

    > Hmm...I don't know how much I like that. They know for sure that you're
    > short an exam, yet they still gave you your MCSE?

    I think it shows just how much they regard their cert process.

    "Well, yer short the last part of yer pilot's training, but I'll go ahead
    an sign ya off anyway so ya can take that plane fer a spin."

    "Ya never took the test that shows ya know how to prevent stuff
    from leaking, but here's a contract to go ahead an build an oil tanker."

    Etc.

    --
    Ja(Hyperbole 'r' Us)R
    MCNGP 22