    I booted from the Vista DVD and tried the Startup Repair but it says it did
    not detect any problems so it won't repair anything. What can I do?

    Please help.
    Guest, Jan 13, 2008

  2. Without knowing what mobo and what ram you are using it is hard to say.
    There are lots of issues with the fouth dimm slot on some mobos, especially
    with nVidia chipsets, so give as much detail as you can. Do NOT attempt any
    Vista repairs because that is not the problem.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 13, 2008

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I ran the Windows supplied Memory Diagnostics and it found no problems.
    After the diagnostics were finished the system booted properly and Windows
    detected all the memory properly.

    I then attempted a restart and got the same error message.

    Guest, Jan 13, 2008
  4. You still need to tell us the details of the hardware. Also, there are
    already threads in this newsgroup and in
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices on this subject. Have you
    read through these other threads?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 13, 2008