Upgraded azureus, now dowloads are really slow

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Richard, May 5, 2005.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Since going to 2.3.0.0 I have found it really really slow. A torrent that was
    getting me 18-20k/sec (limit set at 19) before upgrade is occasionally having a
    block complete now. Heaps of ones I have running are showing a peer connected
    but nothing coming in or out at all.
     
    Richard, May 5, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Richard

    cowboyz Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Since going to 2.3.0.0 I have found it really really slow. A torrent that
    > was getting me 18-20k/sec (limit set at 19) before upgrade is occasionally
    > having a block complete now. Heaps of ones I have running are showing a
    > peer connected but nothing coming in or out at all.



    I find it is very hit and miss. I don't downlaod much at all through it but
    sometimes it can sit for a couple of minutes and not do anything and then
    it decides to take off at 100k/sec. Other times it will struggle to make
    2k/s. Patience is the key I think.
     
    cowboyz, May 5, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Richard

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 05 May 2005 15:03:53 +1200, Richard wrote:

    > Since going to 2.3.0.0 I have found it really really slow. A torrent that was
    > getting me 18-20k/sec (limit set at 19) before upgrade is occasionally having a
    > block complete now. Heaps of ones I have running are showing a peer connected
    > but nothing coming in or out at all.


    Is the "ball" on the left, grey, blue, yellow or green? (Hint)

    You have opened up the UDP side of things. Yes? This is new for 2.3

    Also, check that the tracker is okay. Highlight the download, right click
    and Show details

    Finally you still have your router port forwarding to the correct IP
    number. Under DHCP things (numbers) do change.

    Finally, as another poster said, bittorrent can roar like a West Coast
    river after a downpour or trickle along to the point of stopping.

    Some ideas from my experience.
     
    Gordon, May 5, 2005
    #3
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Thu, 05 May 2005 15:03:53 +1200, Richard wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Since going to 2.3.0.0 I have found it really really slow. A torrent that was
    >>getting me 18-20k/sec (limit set at 19) before upgrade is occasionally having a
    >>block complete now. Heaps of ones I have running are showing a peer connected
    >>but nothing coming in or out at all.

    >
    >
    > Is the "ball" on the left, grey, blue, yellow or green? (Hint)
    >
    > You have opened up the UDP side of things. Yes? This is new for 2.3


    No, but I have now, it has made no difference

    > Also, check that the tracker is okay. Highlight the download, right click
    > and Show details


    Trackers are good, I am getting scrapes ok, and I have the peers showing, just
    nothing come down at all from them.

    > Finally you still have your router port forwarding to the correct IP
    > number. Under DHCP things (numbers) do change.


    Machine _is_ the dhcp server ;)

    > Finally, as another poster said, bittorrent can roar like a West Coast
    > river after a downpour or trickle along to the point of stopping.


    the thing is, the shows were going great (both at about 15k/sec, then I upgrade
    it and they sit on 0 or occasionally a flick up to 1.2 or something. Very
    strange eh...
     
    Richard, May 5, 2005
    #4
  5. On 5/05/2005 3:03 p.m., Richard wrote:
    > Since going to 2.3.0.0 I have found it really really slow. A torrent
    > that was getting me 18-20k/sec (limit set at 19) before upgrade is
    > occasionally having a block complete now. Heaps of ones I have running
    > are showing a peer connected but nothing coming in or out at all.


    Check this link:
     
    Martin Kaufmann, May 5, 2005
    #5
  6. On 5/05/2005 3:03 p.m., Richard wrote:
    > Since going to 2.3.0.0 I have found it really really slow. A torrent
    > that was getting me 18-20k/sec (limit set at 19) before upgrade is
    > occasionally having a block complete now. Heaps of ones I have running
    > are showing a peer connected but nothing coming in or out at all.


    Check this link:

    http://azureus.sourceforge.net/2300/updateinfo.php

    Cheers,

    Martin
     
    Martin Kaufmann, May 5, 2005
    #6
  7. Richard

    cobs Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 05 May 2005 15:03:53 +1200, Richard wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> Since going to 2.3.0.0 I have found it really really slow. A torrent
    >>> that was getting me 18-20k/sec (limit set at 19) before upgrade is
    >>> occasionally having a block complete now. Heaps of ones I have
    >>> running are showing a peer connected but nothing coming in or out at
    >>> all.


    [...]

    What version of the JRE do you have? - I've seen a few people complain
    about connection issues after going to 2.3.0.0.

    If you've got an older JRE, try uninstalling, then go to
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
    and download the JRE 5.0 update 3.

    HTH.
     
    cobs, May 6, 2005
    #7
  8. Richard

    Richard Guest

    cobs wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> Gordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 05 May 2005 15:03:53 +1200, Richard wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> Since going to 2.3.0.0 I have found it really really slow. A torrent
    >>>> that was getting me 18-20k/sec (limit set at 19) before upgrade is
    >>>> occasionally having a block complete now. Heaps of ones I have
    >>>> running are showing a peer connected but nothing coming in or out at
    >>>> all.

    >
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > What version of the JRE do you have? - I've seen a few people complain
    > about connection issues after going to 2.3.0.0.
    >
    > If you've got an older JRE, try uninstalling, then go to
    > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
    > and download the JRE 5.0 update 3.
    >
    > HTH.


    I upgraded that, and rebooted the machine (goodby 200+ day uptime) and it made
    no difference, back to 2.2.0.2 and everythings humming again. I will just stick
    with that since the new version really adds nothing.
     
    Richard, May 6, 2005
    #8
  9. Richard

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 23:58:08 +1200, Richard wrote:

    > I upgraded that, and rebooted the machine (goodby 200+ day uptime) and
    > it made no difference, back to 2.2.0.2 and everythings humming again. I
    > will just stick with that since the new version really adds nothing.


    Adds Nothing???

    It adds decentralised tracking of torrents. No longer do you need a
    central tracker to complete downloading the torrent.


    Bling Bling

    --
    IBM: "Linux is not just another operating system. It represents a
    collaboration of the best programmers in the industry coming together to
    create an operating system that works on any hardware platform."
     
    Bling-Bling, May 7, 2005
    #9
  10. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Bling-Bling wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 May 2005 23:58:08 +1200, Richard wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I upgraded that, and rebooted the machine (goodby 200+ day uptime) and
    >>it made no difference, back to 2.2.0.2 and everythings humming again. I
    >>will just stick with that since the new version really adds nothing.

    >
    >
    > Adds Nothing???
    >
    > It adds decentralised tracking of torrents. No longer do you need a
    > central tracker to complete downloading the torrent.


    Something that got bitcommet banned from most trackers. Ratios dont work with
    decentralized tracking.
     
    Richard, May 7, 2005
    #10
  11. Richard

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 13:41:41 +1200, Richard wrote:

    >> It adds decentralised tracking of torrents. No longer do you need a
    >> central tracker to complete downloading the torrent.

    >
    > Something that got bitcommet banned from most trackers. Ratios dont work
    > with decentralized tracking.


    Yes - they do - if your decentralised tracking is set up correctly.


    Bling Bling

    --
    IBM: "Linux is not just another operating system. It represents a
    collaboration of the best programmers in the industry coming together to
    create an operating system that works on any hardware platform."
     
    Bling-Bling, May 7, 2005
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Fatfreek

    Dowloads grind to a halt on my dialup

    Fatfreek, Apr 23, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    741
  2. DavPet
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    7,938
    Phantom
    Jul 2, 2005
  3. Guest

    Music Dowloads

    Guest, Oct 15, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    4,529
    Lick my Decals off, Baby! uh Clem...
    Oct 19, 2005
  4. Guest

    Re: Music Dowloads

    Guest, Oct 15, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    461
    Guest
    Oct 15, 2005
  5. Bob

    Problem with Azureus (bit torrent)

    Bob, Mar 6, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    426
    old jon
    Mar 6, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page